inews.co.uk/topic/terry-pratchett

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

RathDarkblade

City Watch
Mar 24, 2015
Melbourne, Victoria
Ahem. Those are canvas shoes, not baseball boots. Alas, canvas shoes are not water-resistant, never mind waterproof. (I'm especially concerned about that, since we have some especially rainy winters here in Australia). I already lost a pair of shoes to one of the deluges we have. =\

I wouldn't mind wearing canvas shoes in summer, but not in winter. No thank you. sir. ;)

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
Ahem, ahem ahem, :rolleyes: Rath it determines what country you live in, and when I was young that was the general term used for that type/style of footwear, even though they had nothing to do with the said game. And the shorter style was called rubbers or gutties mainly used in school gym class up here.

Last edited:

RathDarkblade

City Watch
Mar 24, 2015
Melbourne, Victoria
...when I was young that was the general term used for that type/style of footwear, even though they had nothing to do with the said game.
Fair enough. I never said they had anything to do with baseball :)

Still, the website tells me they're "canvas shoes". I had no idea they were known by any other name. (Oops!) If I offended you, I apologise. *blush*

And the shorter style was called rubbers or gutties mainly used in school gym class up here.
Oh, dear. Better not use the term "rubbers" if there are children present. :p

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
Fair enough. I never said they had anything to do with baseball :)

Still, the website tells me they're "canvas shoes". I had no idea they were known by any other name. (Oops!) If I offended you, I apologise. *blush*

Oh, dear. Better not use the term "rubbers" if there are children present. :p
You didn't.
Then was more innocent times, so take your mind out of the gutter.:rolleyes:

User Menu

Newsletter