Inside Aziraphale's bookshop

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
It's a lot of work for just two days, had I still been living in London I would have gone, I've had a pint in the pub next door to number 19 but I preferred the Pillars of Hercules pub two minutes further along next to the short passage way that brings you out to Foyles.

RathDarkblade

City Watch
Mar 24, 2015
Melbourne, Victoria
Oh! :) What a surprise. I was in London two years ago - had I known, I would have gone over and had a look. I'm not sure if there would have been much to see, though, since the filming only started two years ago (I think?).

By the way, there's no sound from roughly 1:50 to roughly 3:00. Not sure if that's deliberate? It looks like a museum. I wonder if they'll keep it (like the LOTR sets in NZ?), or if it'll go back to how it was. That would be a pity. :(

=Tamar

Lieutenant
May 20, 2012
It wasn't there for the filming. They used sets in the studio for filming. The shop was decorated strictly as a promotion, just for this weekend. It'll all be taken down starting tonight. The pillars and facade top with the shop name on it were built and attached, so they just have to fill a few nail holes I guess, but no need to repaint. One thing I'm puzzled by: in various people's online photos, some of them show the shop front as a deep bluish purple, while others show it as a reddish burgundy-purple. I wonder what color it really was.

Last edited:

User Menu

Newsletter