Johnny books

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Alanz

Sergeant
Oct 18, 2012
Thanks a lot lads will try and get a copy this week end, i'll let you know, especially what i thought about it

Nov 15, 2012
Hi TPB

Re: "Only You Can Save Mankind"

Does anyone know which African Tribe whose closest word for 'enemy' is 'a friend we haven't met yet'.

I've Googled it and found nothing except a vague reference on a games forum to a Borneo/Malaysian tribe the apparent origin of a "stranger is a friend I haven't met yet". But pardon my french but that sounds like BS because the phrase is officially credited to vaudeville performer Will Rogers.

Are there any QI aficionados who can help. I wanted to use it as a quote for my blog. But there is enough unverified info on the net as it is without me adding to it.

All replies will be rewarded with gratitude and appreciation x

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Hi there ProperGandhi and welcome to the site! :laugh:

I suspect that the reference isn't really a reference at all - or even a fact. It's more likely to be Terry's idea of a platitude. ;)

Alanz

Sergeant
Oct 18, 2012
Finally after a Kindle Fire HD Prezzie i've got a copy of Johnny and the Bomb, so i can't wait to read it :dance: :dance:

Alanz

Sergeant
Oct 18, 2012
Finally got round to reading Johnny and the Bomb, It was the best one as far as i am concerned, Brilliant read, funny as well. :laugh: :laugh:

User Menu

Newsletter