Just finished the forth and final SODW IV

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
I've found out that this was the best way for me to enjoy the four SODW books more is by listen to them, the rest of the DW books I prefer to read them, I paid more attention to the science parts and found some funny and some things I did not know which I missed when I read the books, all in all really enjoyed them. Narrated by Michael Fenton Stevens and Stephen Briggs.:mrgreen:

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
I agree! Reading the books was a lot easier than trying to follow the story in a chronological order. In the same way the SOD books is a lot easier to follow if "magic" is introduced as a contributing factor. The arguments presented in the four SODW book does not really compare to the thoughts expressed in the "Science of" books.

RathDarkblade

City Watch
Mar 24, 2015
Melbourne, Victoria
Hmm ... am I the only one who thought the 4th SODW book presented similar arguments to those in the 3rd (at least insofar as intelligent design is -- well -- unscientific and silly at best, or sneaky and menacing at worst -- i.e. trying to sneak religion into science class)? ;)

I've dealt with a few "intelligent design" proponents over the years, and the 3rd book helped me to counter their arguments (especially the "If Darwin's so smart, how come he ain't never won no Nobel prize?" one). :p

Evolution can be complicated, but in its core, it's a simple idea. :)

User Menu

Newsletter