Knighthood for Terry Pratchett

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Bambi

Dec 31, 2008
North West Kent
Sir Terry Pratchett

Yes I'm another of those people who have registered with the express wish of offering my congratulations to Sir Terry. As has been said before, it is long overdue and well-deserved (understatement!). Thank you for all the silly, giggling joy you have provided for us over the years, Terry and I hope you have a great New Year!

Bambi
x

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
Yay! Woop woop! :laugh:

Of course, the real honour will be if he allows you to call him "Mister Pratchett". Think I'll just stick to "Sir Terry".

janea57

Dec 31, 2008
Bracknell
www.myspace.com
Here's another who's just joined to congratulate Sir Terry ! (Although I have been on other TP forums). About time too.....

Wonder if Her Maj or any other Royals read his books... I think they'd be right up Charles' street.

LACCooper

Dec 31, 2008
La Union, Murcia, Spain.
Knighthood.

Many, many congratulations Sir Terry. You won't remember me, I'm the bloke who wrote you a thank letter from Greece back in 1995 for brining a smile back to my face after the death of my Wife. You very kindly replied and in doing so, made a fan for life! We met & spoke at a book-signing in Bracknell in 2006 (I think) so it was with great pleasure that I read of you're being Knighted. Well done that man.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Heavens to Betsy! I go offline for a day and not only does Terry get a well deserved recognition but the board gets flooded with new members. :laugh:

Great to see you all here and I hope you'll take the time to join in with all the fun here. :laugh:

Dec 31, 2008
Long Long Long overdue!!!!!

Like those before me, I have only joined this site to give my congratulations, to a well deserving, incredibly talented author.
I don't usually do fan adulation, but I needed to express my feelings to those who also understand.
I have been entertained by your books for 18 years and have a (nearly) complete collection, including some signed and rare copies and have enjoyed every single one. My son is also becoming an avid reader of your books; in fact I think it has helped him become a better reader, enjoying them so much.
So I raise my glass to you Sir Terry and wish you the best for the future.
Thank you for making life a little more bearable!
Jason Carter.

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
Well done & humongous congratulations Sir PTerry! :laugh:

Like someone else said over the page - the British Honours system is riddled with anomalies and rife with people who have done very little on merit to earn their 'gong' - but there are people who do richly deserve the recognition and today we have proof that the system can work! This outpouring of delight and new sign-ups is a part of that.

SIR TERRY - WE ALL LOVE YOU AND EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOUR WORKS

SamWalker

Dec 31, 2008
Yet another newbie just joined to offer more hearty CONGRATULATIONS. I can't say I've ever really been interested in the Honours List before, but I am truly delighted - and I'd also like to say a personal thank you for the hours of reading pleasure, furtive giggling, and puzzling over lines when I just KNOW there's a joke in there and I'm simply not getting it!

Dec 31, 2008
It's about bloomin time :laugh:

Just have to add that it is well deserved and a big thank you Sir Terry for all the hours of pleasure your writing has given us, you're a star. This news made me smile for the first time today ;)

kermie101

Dec 31, 2008
Knighthood

Another forum newbie, don't normally do gushing but:

MEGA CONGRATULATIONS AND HIGHLY DESERVED!

Have been reading the works of Sir Terry since The Colour of Magic was borrowed from wee bruv one mid-80s Christmas; met him very briefly at a signing in what was then Ottackers, Bromley, back in 1998, so Carpe Jugulum is handled very carefully. He came across as such a nice chap, telling the minders & book store staff he'd stay as long as needed ... we were a bit worried, as though I'd bunked out of work to queue early I was still in a long queue long after official end time. But Terry made sure we were all seen and had a word for everyone.

I seem to be last to hear the news of the knighthood but have had my nose in Folklore of Discworld all day (already polished off Nation this Christmas).

And now I must go or dinner will burn!!

A Happy and as Healthy as possible New Year to you, Sir!!

Donna

motley

Dec 31, 2008
CONGRATULATIONS!

I loved the comment about using your title 'sir' to write to Magistrates.

When do they deliver the arms, armour and big white horse?

I've been an avid reader since the first copy of 'Wyrd Sisters' was lent to me, just under 20 years ago. Thank you for all the laughs, and the clever, clever satire.

Oct 13, 2008
Devon
Many CONGRATULATIONS SIR TERRY PRATCHETT very well deserved.
You are a Master Story Teller Sir.

Hi, To all the new members of this illustrious forum. :laugh:

Dec 31, 2008
Can I get a Me Too!

Registered pretty much just to say a hearty well done and congratulations on the Knighthood, Sir Terrence of Ankh-Morpork.

Although I cant help but think that making you a Captain in the City Watch would have been more fitting

Also I am ashamed to admit that the announcement about the award was also the first I heard about Terry suffering from Alzheimers.

Not much I can really say other than never underestimate the power of a determined mind to heal itself. Sad news but humor is the best medicine so you are a ready made "miracle cure"

BTW I have been forced to stop reading Discworld books when I am on long flights as my sudden outbursts of laughter prompt the flight attendants to ask if I am on any medication they need to know about.....Thanks for that ;)

It is at times like these that I am reminded of something that I once heard from a very wise man indeed.

No matter what came his way in life, good or bad, fair or foul, he would always look it square in the eye (or eyes depending on the species) and utter that motto for life...."OoK"

Congratulations, all the best, and thank you for many happy years of reading, I am looking ofward to many more to come!

Sep 9, 2008
XXXX
Whoop whoop whoop. I am so happy I am spinning in my seat. Apart from Brian Blessed I can not think of a person who so better deserves the recognition. Will he wear plumes? And how about those dukal robes of Vimes'. Will they get an airing? And as for the coat of arms I can only begin to imagine.

Raises a glass to toast the Knighting of PTerry.

Now will that be Sir Terry, Sir Pratchett, Sir PTerrry, or just hey mate (well I am an Aussie) :laugh:

MadAl

Jan 1, 2009
Another newbie

Yeah I also have registered to express my delight and congratulations to Pterry. He has entertained me and stimulated my mind since I first found a newly published CoM hidden on a bookshop shelf. Long may he continue.

Furthermore, now he has a knight hood t'will keep his ears warm in bed, forsooth </mangled quote>
:laugh:

User Menu

Newsletter