Last Round Signed Map - Top 100 Songs Quiz

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

poohcarrot

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 13, 2009
NOT The land of the risen Son!!
POP-PICKING PIP PIPS PLUCKY PINFLOD!

Pip becomes the latest toast of Ireland after such music legends as Johnny Logan and Dana. :eek:

There'll be a-singing and a-dancing in the valleys tonight, boyo. It'll be St David's Day all over again. :laugh:

An amazing come-from-behind victory for the youngster from the land of the bogs and...um....whatever else Ireland is famous for. o_O

Pip's pm said:
Verve - Drugs Don't Work (was going to go Bitter sweet symphony but you strike me as having a hidden sentimental side)
:eek: :eek: And what a good choice that was!
Coupled with East Jesus Nowhere by Green Day, it gave Pip a stunning 20 points and the championship! :p

FINAL SCORES

Pip 84
Pinflod 78 points
Joolz 73
Willem 52 points
Sjoerd 51 points
DaveC 49 points

(PS You could have searched this site for some of the answers, because I've posted some of these songs before. But I know nobody would have done that, would they? 8))

Willem

Sergeant
Jan 11, 2010
Weert, The Netherlands
I was tempted to go for less obvious choices too, since to have a chance of winning I'd have to guess right where others guessed wrong. But I went for maximizing my score instead (I couldn't bear ending below Sjoerd!).

Most of my answers came from discographies on Wikipedia, I learned a lot about British punk rock over the last few days. I've forgotten even more though.

Thanks again for the fun Pooh! I won't have any reason to send you any fruity messages anymore :(

pip

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 3, 2010
KILDARE
I'd like to start by thanking Jesus and my mama and papa who helped me walk in the light of god etc etc etc.

Picked the greenday one cos it was my favourite as well :laugh:

wow i'm chuffed

:laugh:

Penfold

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 29, 2009
Worthing
www.lenbrookphotography.com
I generally went with one of my favourites from each group that I knew (not necessarily my absolute favourite, btw) and for those I didn't know I randomly selected three tracks of theirs on You Tube, listened to them, and then made a wild guess. I don't think I got any of those right! :laugh:

And a BIG THANK YOU for running the quiz Pooh; it was quite educational in introducing me to a fair few acts I hadn't heard before, and some of which I might even listen to again. :p

User Menu

Newsletter