Last Round Signed Map - Top 100 Songs Quiz

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

deldaisy

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2010
Brisbane, Australia
poohcarrot said:
Turtlemoves 2 points. :laugh:

'Ere! My thread's been hijacked by a bunch of classical music hooligans! :eek:
Its our responsibility.... nay .... DUTY!!!!! ... to hijack threads. :laugh:

mC that was a gorgeous piece. I am with you. I adore cello music. Most people think I am strange. I have even had some people say "Well its not really a solo instrument is it.." :eek: :eek: :eek:

I have been haunted by a piece of cello music for months now and I still can't identify it. :( Shall I hum a few bars for you? :laugh: Please let us know how your exam went asap. Or at least how you think you went.

Here you go Author and mC :laugh: Violin played like a cello though I don't suggest you try to play the cello like a violin Author.

deldaisy said:
poohcarrot said:
Turtlemoves 2 points. :laugh:

'Ere! My thread's been hijacked by a bunch of classical music hooligans! :eek:
Its our responsibility.... nay .... DUTY!!!!! ... to hijack threads. :laugh:

mC that was a gorgeous piece. I am with you. I adore cello music. Most people think I am strange. I have even had some people say "Well its not really a solo instrument is it.." :eek: :eek: :eek:

I have been haunted by a piece of cello music for months now and I still can't identify it. :( Shall I hum a few bars for you? :laugh: Please let us know how your exam went asap. Or at least how you think you went.

Here you go Author and mC :laugh: Violin played like a cello though I don't suggest you try to play the cello like a violin Author.
Thanks, del! :laugh: Can't imagine someone saying that it's not a solo instrument, but next time you can slap them for me :twisted: Or just look at them in a nasty way :p
You can hum any time you want, del... what was it like? More humm-hum-hu-humm, or hummummum-hum-hummumhum? :p
Cello exam...well...it was...unusual :p We started out with the duet, which I s****ed up twice, and I thought it went... not exactly bad, but I've heard better, but then everyone - even the jury - was like "Wow, that was amazing" and "Why didn't you take that piece to the national contest?" and my teacher said we should've recorded it on tape or something... Then a girl played Mendelssohn's Lied ohne Worte which was just so beautiful that I had to cry and I just couldn't stop, so they suggested I didn't have to play my piece as the duet was so amazing, they'd let me pass anyway, but that didn't sound really fair, so I insisted on playing it, which is really astonishing because I hate playing in front of others...
Anyway, summer holidays started at the music department, so that's a good thing :laugh:

poohcarrot

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 13, 2009
NOT The land of the risen Son!!
First Round Scores

3 points
pip, DaveC, Pinflod, Spidey, Jan, Willem
2 points
Mr Hazey, WWD, Turtlemoves, Joolz
1 point
Sjoerd, meerkat

Round two has started and can be seen on the first post of this thread. :p