Let The Right One In

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Apr 29, 2009
London
This is a Swedish version of a vampire story.

The two main leads (both children) are excellent in it, but I did find myself laughing out loud at a couple of scenes, which I'm pretty sure were not intended to be funny!!

I have it on DVD, if anybody would like to borrow it.

Jane.

pip

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 3, 2010
KILDARE
Watched both versions (Let Me In , with Hitgirl) and have them . Very enjoyable worth a look. Proper vampires rather than the bullcrap shoulder to cry on variety.

Apr 29, 2009
London
Indeed.

I thought the girl was superb, especially during the scenes outside, where it must have been bluddy freezing, yet she didn't have a coat on as she was a vampire!

I'd have been shivering my bits off!!

Apr 29, 2009
London
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I got royally told off on the BBC boards for saying that I burst out laughing - it's a very good, meaningful, film and not to be laughed at, apparently.

But the scene with the cats had me rolling up, and the scene in the swimming pool, too.

Willem

Sergeant
Jan 11, 2010
Weert, The Netherlands
Only seen the original, which was fantastic. The boy was way scarier than the girl though, proper psycho material :)

And I think I laughed some too, especially in the pool. More of a shocked/pleased laugh than anything else I'd say.

deldaisy

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2010
Brisbane, Australia
Can't wait to see it.

Remember how i said Oz has a multilingual TV station that airs mainly foreign films? Well for horror its hard to go past Korea.... but there is something EVIL about the horror films that come out of the Nordic countries.... Really good psychological thrillers.... ones that do your head in.... I think its all those months of dark...... :eek:

Apr 29, 2009
London
deldaisy said:
Can't wait to see it.

Remember how i said Oz has a multilingual TV station that airs mainly foreign films? Well for horror its hard to go past Korea.... but there is something EVIL about the horror films that come out of the Nordic countries.... Really good psychological thrillers.... ones that do your head in.... I think its all those months of dark...... :eek:
That could explain a whole lot about Snowballs! ;)

pip

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 3, 2010
KILDARE
DaveC said:
pip said:
Watched both versions (Let Me In , with Hitgirl) and have them . Very enjoyable worth a look. Proper vampires rather than the bullcrap shoulder to cry on variety.
:) Both versions are awesome, I agree, a real rarity.
Yep Hollywood managed not to screw it up at all which was a suprise. :laugh:

User Menu

Newsletter