List of discworld related books

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

KPDGaskell

Lance-Constable
Aug 11, 2010
Milton Keynes
I've been trying to find a useful list to find all discworld related books, not just novels but the mapps, science of the discworld ect. Unfortunately the list of books that most novels contain doesn't include everything and so I set out to make a list in Microsoft excel.

The list includes novels, science of the discworld, mapps, diaries and even David Landford's quiz books.

However I'm certain there's still stuff I’ve missed and I also need to find out the release dates of a lot of books (years are easy, it's just day and month) and I can't find accurate dates with all the re-releases of books. So I’m posting the list here and hoping that there are people who will be able to fix my mistakes and add upon the list of 64 related discworld books :)

Link to download

P.S. This is also the second version of the list that I made, that's why the files called discworld book list 2

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
The link is working now. :)

From what I can see you have missed the Discworld short stories (unless I missed seeing them there) such as Troll Bridge, Theatre of Cruelty and The Sea and Little Fishes.

There's also a 1994 version of the Discworld Companion that's not on the list and you may need to differentiate between the illustrated version of Eric and the non-illustrated one.

I hope this doesn't sound like nit-picking. :)

KPDGaskell

Lance-Constable
Aug 11, 2010
Milton Keynes
No it's fine, I didn't know of the differant versions of eric and I didn't know if there was much differance between the differant discworld companions (there's about three isn't there?) so i'll add those.

As for the short stories I read on the almighty wikepedia that they can only be found online so I didn't know if I should class them as books but i'll add them anyway, the list did start out as a checklist for what books I did and didn't have but it grew into a bit of a database :laugh:

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
The short stories can indeed be found in various 'collections' and in particular a Pratchett book called 'Once More With Footnotes'. :laugh:

The illustrated version of Eric was the original version.

User Menu

Newsletter