Looking for Modern Fairy Tale books(like The Princess Bride)

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Jace

Constable
Sep 29, 2014
Looking for Modern Fairy Tale books (like The Princess Bride, Ella Enchanted and The School for Good and Evil). Any suggestions?

Ghost

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 6, 2012
Blackcountry
Re: Looking for Modern Fantasy books (like The Princess Brid

trust me the there are a few exceptions to the rule of the book is better than the film
and the princess bride is one of them it's not a good book
and to answer your question
the inkheart trilogy they are huge books and I've only read the first but I enjoyed it

Jace

Constable
Sep 29, 2014
Re: Looking for Modern Fairy Tale books(like The Princess Br

Ah, meant to say Fairy Tale books not Fantasy books. Thanks for the suggestion though! And I'd say that both the book and the movie are fantastic.

=Tamar

Lieutenant
May 20, 2012

I just bought (2nd hand) this one:
Kindl: Goose Chase.
It's cute so far. I haven't finished it yet. The goose girl is happy with her flock of geese and ducks, but when she shares her bread with an old woman, she gets Gifts - diamond tears, gold dust dandruff, princess-clothing - and it's an awful nuisance. The glass slippers and silken gown aren't much good for working in the forest, and the gold and diamonds are a mess and attract nuisances like a wicked king and a rather thick-headed prince... can't wait to see how she gets out of that.

YoungSam

Lance-Constable
Mar 14, 2013
www.meetup.com

Hey Jace,
You might want to try the Lunar Chronicles by Marrissa Meyer (sci/fi+future+fairy tales), The Graphic novel series 'Fables' (excellent back stories+stories set in our world +heaps traditional fairy tale characters). Or maybe even the Jackson Pearce's Young Adult series starting with Sisters Red.

Jan 23, 2014

Neil Gaiman does some good ones if you like your fairy tales dark.

=Tamar

Lieutenant
May 20, 2012

Jace, are you still looking for modern fairy tales? If so, are you looking for entirely new ones, or updated versions of recognizable older stories?

User Menu

Newsletter