Looking for new comic author sugggestions from you Brits.

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

deldaisy

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2010
Brisbane, Australia
Penfold said:
'Round Ireland With A Fridge' and 'Playing The Moldovans At Tennis' by Tony Hawks a pretty good fun, especially as they are true stories. I think they are being made into films as well. :laugh:
Hey Penfold. First time I have read this thread (with my recent addiction to this site and the posts which has inspired a rereading of DW books; oh yeah and real life and kids and work) I haven't been actively looking for new books just at the moment. .... . BUT I came across Playing the Moldovians At Tennis a few weeks ago in a charity shop book section (Del you are only allowed to buy ONE book... you are too busy). Read the first page IN the store and was laughing so much I HAD to buy it. It was funny but I found I could easily put it down. I did finish it though (my litmus test is to read the last page first and see if I want to find out how he got to the last page). Looking forward to Round Ireland With a Fridge. Funny. I never thought I would be saying "OH! YOU have read 'Playing The Moldovians At Tennis' too huh?" :laugh:

pip

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 3, 2010
KILDARE
Why stop with Jeeves and Wooster . These are brilliantly funny but all his other work is as well.

The Blandings books were great and his short stories such as the Drones club or Mr Mulliner were all genius. :laugh:

raisindot

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2009
Boston, MA USA
Okay, mates. Based on your authorial suggestions, I've six books waiting for me at the library (keep in mind that these represent just about everything I can get through our inter-library loan system).

Knees up mother earth / by Robert Rankin.
Retromancer / Robert Rankin
The witches of Chiswick / Robert Rankin.
That angel look / Mike Ripley.
Playing the Moldovans at tennis / Tony Hawks.
Angels in arms / Mike Ripley.

I hope the three Rankin books here are better than the awful recent stuff I've been slogging throuh lately. In any case, I should be happily angloengaged for at least another month...

J-I-B

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
Witches is what it says but in the future (if you like the witches books ) you may like this.

Knee's up it's about Brentford winning the World Cup Football / Soccer that is.

Retromancer It's a sequel to The Brightonomicon which you may like or not.

Nov 25, 2010
London UK
www.youtube.com
There's a trilogy of books by Toby Frost

Space Captain Smith
God Emperor of Didcot
Wrath of the Lemming Men

about Captain Smith of the 25th century Brittish Space Empire, making the galaxy safe for Good Old Blighty

Good stuff, worth a read

User Menu

Newsletter