Marcus Sedgwick

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

ColinEdwards

Lance-Constable
Aug 3, 2008
Norfolk/Suffolk border
Marcus Sedgwick is one of the great un-read, has some terrific books already in publication and across such a broad range of subject matter that you really should give his work a try.

He works for a children's publisher by day, and many of his books are in the children's sections but I am 48 and love the children's books just as much as his older material. When I buy a book I the shop will always tell me that there are just as many older readers buying as there are children.

I would thoroughly recommend the Book of Dead Days/Dark Flight Down stories, a complete fantasy escape; and Blood Red, Snow White - a fusion of Russian folk tales and the doomed love story of author Arthur Ransome and his Russian mistress during the Revolution.

Any other fans out there?

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
I have to confess that he's not a name I've come across, Colin. However, I do enjoy well written, so-called children's stories and I'll certainly keep an eye open for his books on my tours of the charity shops.

Thanks for the recomendation. :)

ColinEdwards

Lance-Constable
Aug 3, 2008
Norfolk/Suffolk border
Just bought Marcus's latest book - Flood and Fang - a series of short stories for children aged 8+, and a perfect way of getting your youngsters into fantasy writing at an early age.

He is such a talent but somehow slips under the radar, it can sometimes be a struggle to find him on the shelves next to masses of Darren Shan...

Latest posts

User Menu

Newsletter