Maskerade

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Oct 13, 2008
Devon
On the evening of the 25th November, in Tavistock, I am going to see the stage play of Maskerade. It is being staged by the Tavonians at Tavistock town hall.

http://www.freewebs.com/tavonianstheatrecompany/

One of the theatre company members has a business in the Pannier market where my Daughter & I sell. Only found out today while we were there. Twisted Daughter's arm to take me, as I don't drive & then went & bought two tickets from our friend at Pens & Moor for it. :laugh: :laugh:

Oct 13, 2008
Devon
We were going Friday, Jan, I had bought the tickets from Sean, then my Daughter said it was Dickensian, so I went back to him & changed them for next Thursday instead.
If you get to go on Thursday, please say 'Hi' to us? :laugh:

Apr 29, 2009
London
Manchester Piccadilly to Birmingham New Street (1hr 31min)

Birmingham New Street to Plymouth (3hr 31min)

Wouldn't fancy the second mortgage to pay for it, though!!

Bouncy Castle said:
Manchester Piccadilly to Birmingham New Street (1hr 31min)

Birmingham New Street to Plymouth (3hr 31min)

Wouldn't fancy the second mortgage to pay for it, though!!
When I do Bristol to Norwich to visit my other half's family we have to do Bristol to London Victoria then London to Norwich. If you get fun fares they are a lot cheaper its only £5 for each leg so £20 for both of us there and back. :laugh:

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
We're going on Saturday so at least I'm gonna see it :laugh:

I could get to Tavistock by public transport (without needing a bank loan :rolleyes: ) but as I live 6 miles from any bus route it would mean a taxi into Launceston. Bus to Plymouth (or possibly Callington via Gunnislake :p ), bus out of Plymouth to Tavistock and I'd have to get to Tavie around 5pm and kick my heels for a couple of hours.

However this is totally moot since there's no late bus back to Plymouth/Callington or from there back to Launceston so the housemate would have to pick me up anyway... :devil:

Or I could hitch-hike I suppose :laugh:

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
Jan Van Quirm said:

I could get to Tavistock by public transport (without needing a bank loan :rolleyes: ) but as I live 6 miles from any bus route it would mean a taxi into Launceston. Bus to Plymouth (or possibly Callington via Gunnislake :p ), bus out of Plymouth to Tavistock and I'd have to get to Tavie around 5pm and kick my heels for a couple of hours.

However this is totally moot since there's no late bus back to Plymouth/Callington or from there back to Launceston so the housemate would have to pick me up anyway... :devil:

Or do a nanny Ogg and show a leg, you should get a lift no botherJan.
:laugh:

Oct 13, 2008
Devon
Jan Van Quirm said:

Glad you are going to see it, Jan.
There is no direct bus route from where I live to Tavi either. Here to Plymouth, then Plymouth to Tavi.
Thank goodness for a daughter who drives. I hope she enjoys it after me twisting her arm to take me. She isn't into Terry Pratchett at all.
It'll take us about half an hour to get to Tavi, we go regularly for the fleamarket, we are going early & will have something to eat in Morrisons, their café doesn't close until 8 p.m. Thursday's, which is very handy. :)

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
Ta Tiffany! :laugh:

We're crossing our fingers that it doesn't dump a lot of snow tonight or tomorrow. If they're gritting the B roads then we should be OK but we can go around by Gunnislake if necessary - with the housemate breaking his leg last year around this time he's got totally paranoid about ice (although it was his own feet that let him down walking the dog and not in the car) :rolleyes:

Fingers crossed it doesn't get too bad! :laugh:

User Menu

Newsletter