Midsomer Murders

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Advice for a long life:

Never buy a house in Albert Square.
Never travel on a train with a Belgian detective.
Never make friends with Jessica Fletcher.
And never, ever visit the village of Midsomer - murder capital of the Universe. :eek:

Apr 29, 2009
London
Tonyblack said:
Advice for a long life:

And never, ever visit the village of Midsomer - murder capital of the Universe. :eek:
Actually, I think Midsomer is a county.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Bouncy Castle said:
Tonyblack said:
Advice for a long life:

:laugh: I've never actually seen an episode. :laugh:

Quatermass

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 7, 2010
Tonyblack said:
Bouncy Castle said:
Tonyblack said:
Advice for a long life:

Yeah, it is a county. The villages include Causton, where Barnaby is located, Midsomer Parva, Badger's Drift, and God knows how many more others.

BTW, my mother loves Midsomer Murders, and while I don't watch the whole thing, I sometimes love watching certain guest stars, like Peter Davison, Honor Blackman, Gareth Thomas, and so on.

Oh, and I really love this insult from the episode with Honor Blackman in it, where one of the characters calls either Barnaby or his assistant 'a right constable'. Pronounce it out loud, and you'll see what I mean... :laugh:

captainmeme

Lance-Corporal
Feb 13, 2011
Nearish Manchester
www.bbc.co.uk
Quatermass said:
Tonyblack said:
Bouncy Castle said:
Tonyblack said:
Advice for a long life:

Yeah, it is a county. The villages include Causton, where Barnaby is located, Midsomer Parva, Badger's Drift, and God knows how many more others.

BTW, my mother loves Midsomer Murders, and while I don't watch the whole thing, I sometimes love watching certain guest stars, like Peter Davison, Honor Blackman, Gareth Thomas, and so on.

Oh, and I really love this insult from the episode with Honor Blackman in it, where one of the characters calls either Barnaby or his assistant 'a right constable'. Pronounce it out loud, and you'll see what I mean... :laugh:
I always wonder when Midsomer is going to run out of citizens to be murdered.

Also, if you were the murderer, wouldn't you just murder Barnaby? Surely that's the most intelligent thing to do.

Quatermass

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 7, 2010
captainmeme said:
Also, if you were the murderer, wouldn't you just murder Barnaby? Surely that's the most intelligent thing to do.
Well, in one recent episode, someone tried to drop roofing tiles on his head before they attacked anyone else. He only just dodged out of the way.

I didn't watch all of that episode, but what I did, especially of the ending, made me shudder. Eugenics + incest = major squick... :eek:

User Menu

Newsletter