Mission - Patrick Tilley

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
Not that one but I did read and mostly enjoy that post-apocalypse series he wrote which was vaguely techie cowboys living underground versus mutant indians surface-dwellers? Nice twist for the mutants anyway... ;) And the oriental hairless japanesie types living in Canada? PMSL
The Amtrak Wars! :laugh: Boy am I glad I dredged that one up! :twisted:

There was one little bit in there where they had some observer-type techie who committed the awful crime of listening to 'illegal' music by Van Gelis whilst watching some freaky cloud vids he'd made. There may have been a sequel series to that after that but I never looked for it

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
Did he get on MTV? :eek:

Seriously -god stuff (or son of) generally sends me off in the opposite direction to the bookshelf, so i've never read it. I really should be broad-minded but all irretrievably lapsed catholics have these tendencies - reactionary nurture over nature I s'pose.

If I read morality stuff the deity substitutes generally have pointy ears - then I can handle it :laugh:

baruch menachem

Lance-Constable
Mar 26, 2009
poohbcarrot said:
Mission is all about Jesus popping up in 1980s New York.
Did he visit with a televangelist? Would be the same kind of talk as Dostoyevsky's Grand Inquisitor. "We don't need you anymore, because we are the religion now... and your kind of thing just gets in the way of what people actually want, and our goals."

Jul 26, 2008
Isnt he the one that wrote the books about some sort of nuclear train that does weird things to the people that live on it, i remember they used paragliders or something to scout ahead for the train tracks, i think there were 6 books in the series but im buggered if i can rememeber what they were called.

nickinwestwales

Lance-Constable
Jan 9, 2011
Read a couple of the AMTRAKs way back when-also seem to recall one called `Fade Out`-in the same mould as some of the Niven/Pournelle stuff-worth a look
ATB
Nick

User Menu

Newsletter