More Sky films about Discworld?

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Jul 20, 2009
Lelystad, The Netherlands
Cheery said:
Sjoerd3000 said:
I think the next one will probaly be a Rincewind story if David Jason is available. I hope however they will make Guards! Guards! :laugh:
Well, I don't think they'll do two films about the same character yet. It seems that they like to switch characters.
As far as I know they were planning to make Sourcery with DAvid Jason again as Rincewind but because of scheduling conflicts Jason was unavailable to play him so instead they made Going Postal. So it could be that if Jason is available now they will make Sourcery

mran6ry

Feb 22, 2009
birmingham
sad but true

come on everyone lets just admit it! even though we dont want to, even though we have a dry chuckle and a wry smile when we watch them. the films are not really that good...

i really want them to be, i wanted davd jason to be good. i wanted the rest of the world to experience the TP world with the joy and laughte that i have but..

there a bit crap i dont think it works, its either a) directed badly or b) does not work with this meduim..

coments??

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Well they don't match up to my imagination of the books and I don't think anything will ever do that no matter who makes them and how much is spent.

But - there's a lot of effort been made to get the right feel and to try to stick to the storyline as much as possible and to that degree they've done well.

I'm a big Bernard Cornwell fan and frankly, some of the liberties that were taken in making the Sharpe TV series are just awful. Bernard sold the rights and had very little control over the making. Terry at least is working with the production company. :)

Apr 29, 2009
London
I've always thought the Discworld stories would be better in cartoon version, than live action.

No limits to the special effects in cartoons, and no chance of the "actors" getting hurt!!

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Bouncy Castle said:
I've always thought the Discworld stories would be better in cartoon version, than live action.

No limits to the special effects in cartoons, and no chance of the "actors" getting hurt!!
They did make two cartoons of the books - Soul Music and Wyrd Sisters. They also seem to have started making Reaper Man and you can see a bit of it HERE.

Apr 29, 2009
London
I posted the link to the unfinished Reaper Man film on here a few weeks ago. Actually, I've just finished reading the book!!

I've got the DVDs of Soul Music and Wyrd Sisters.

User Menu

Newsletter