Mort - in Amsterdam

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Having been smurfing the boards for a little while annony-mousely I thought that I would break my silence to unashamedly plug the fact that we are doing Mort in Amsterdam next month (December 2010)

You probably know the story, boy meets DEATH, boy gets a job, boy meets girl, boy meets another girl, boy saves 2nd girl's life, it all goes to pot..... or maybe not.....

We would like to invite you to the performances of Terry Pratchett's Mort (as adapted by Stephen Briggs) at Het Fijnhout Theatre, Amsterdam on the 2nd - 4th & 8th - 11th December @ 20.00. It will be performed by the In Players, Amsterdam's oldest English-speaking amateur theatre company. More details available at www.inplayers.org and on our Facebook page.

Tickets are € 12 / € 10 (students, CJP, Stadspas) and can be reserved by
Email to reserveren.fijnhouttheater@combiwel.nl or via filling in a reservation form on: www.hetfijnhout.nl

So if you felt like visiting to come to the Convention next year - have a little taster and come and see us first :)

Thanks for reading
Alex

deldaisy

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2010
Brisbane, Australia
Jason said:
Hi Alex,

I've just included this information of the news section of the Discworld Monthly website and will ensure the listing appears in the next edition of Discworld Monthly which is due out at the end of November / beginning December.
Well gee Jason..... I hope you are listing the Brisbane Arts Theatre production of Going Postal too mate. Yes.. I'm sure that not alot of you uplanders will be able to attend, but it deserves a mention. And who knows perhaps some net surfing TP fan in Brissy might luck across this information.
http://www.artstheatre.com.au/index.php?page_id=3

Well trust ME to post THEN go read the monthly newsletter!!!!!! First time I have read it; seriously (added it to my favourites) :oops:

Thanks for being so up to date Jason
*slinks outta the room*

deldaisy

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2010
Brisbane, Australia
Willem said:
deldaisy said:
and VERWELKOMEN Alex :laugh:
Please adjust your Babelfish settings :) (Verwelkomen means welcome in the verb-sense, as in , I welcome you to my home. For 'welcome to my home' it would be 'Welkom in mijn huis')

Dus welkom Alex!
:( Awwww. Sorry Alex. Sorry Willem. I tried I did, truly I did. And no I didn't ask the fish... the dog told me it was Verwelkomen; last time I trust HIM for Dutch translations.

Thanks very much for all the welcomes and for putting us in the Discworld monthly, Jason. I have a happy little smile on my face now.

If there are any downsiders who are lurking and what to come to Amsterdam, they are certainly more than welcome, its not just for uplanders :)

As for translators - Google Chrome rocks! mijn nederlands is niet zo goed gets me generally understood with a little arm flapping and waving of the phrasebook a la Twoflower as I'm an alien near Amsterdam myself.

Alex

User Menu

Newsletter