Mort Misprint

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Have you seen this before?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• What?

• Total voters

Lenthil

Aug 17, 2010
Now, I was just quietly reading my recently bought book Mort, when suddenly at page 48 the book starts all over again! This wouldn't be such a big problem, if it would simply continue there after, but if you reach page 48 again, it continues with page 97.

Help? Is this common with one print, or is this a new phenomena? What should I do? I really want to just read the whole book...

Oh and, please don't spoil ;) I intend to read the whole book one way or another. Also, I'm quite new to the Discworld, I've only read 4 books so far and I love it (like anyone else here, I presume...)

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
Hi lenthil :) Your book's duff. Sorry!

If it's recently bought though, a refund shouldn't be out of the question?

Lenthil

Aug 17, 2010
The problem is, I bought it at a festival without a receipt, so I wouldn't know how to get a refund...

Erm... Anyone interested in a misprint?

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Welcome to the site, Lenthil! :laugh:

It's really annoying when something like that happens and more annoying as the person who sold it probably knew it was a duff copy. :devil: I hope you manage to get a replacement copy easily.

You might want to try somewhere like Play.com where they have copies for as little as £2.49 with free delivery to Europe.

Lenthil

Aug 17, 2010
Wow thanks guys! I really appreciate your advice and help :love: Now I really want to finish that book!

En het is ook leuk om te weten dat er Nederlanders op dit forum zitten ;) (this is Dutch)

raisindot

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2009
Boston, MA USA
Don't return it!

There MUST be a market out there for misprinted Discworld books, just as there is for misprinted stamps and currency. This may be your retirement someday!

:)

J-I-B

poohcarrot

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 13, 2009
NOT The land of the risen Son!!
Quark said:
I would have certainly been confused if my book started over at page 48 :laugh: . Never encountered any misprints like that.

Wait a minute... did everyone else have that page and a half of repeated Bengo's credentials in Unseen Academicals? :eek:
I thought that was funny!
There's a football chant that goes;

"There's only one (insert what you like)
There's only one (insert what you like)
One (insert what you like)
There's only one (insert what you like)

But I'm sure everyone already knew that. :rolleyes: :laugh:

User Menu

Newsletter