Mort Misprint

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Have you seen this before?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• What?

• Total voters

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
poohcarrot said:
Quark said:
I would have certainly been confused if my book started over at page 48 :laugh: . Never encountered any misprints like that.

Wait a minute... did everyone else have that page and a half of repeated Bengo's credentials in Unseen Academicals? :eek:
I thought that was funny!
There's a football chant that goes;

"There's only one (insert what you like)
There's only one (insert what you like)
One (insert what you like)
There's only one (insert what you like)

But I'm sure everyone already knew that. :rolleyes: :laugh:
It helps if know that it's to the tune of 'Guantanamera' as well. ;)

poohcarrot

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 13, 2009
NOT The land of the risen Son!!
Me? Nothing. Wife and peskies are kipping, it's 11:20pm, I don't have to get up till 8:30 tomorrow, so I'm going to bed at midnight and read Small Gods in bed until I fall asleep. 8)

More to the point, what should you be doing now? Shouldn't you be working? :eek:

Lenthil

Aug 17, 2010
Well, if you can find anyone who's interested in this misprint, bring 'em here~! The book itself is (apart from the obvious misprint) in good state, so that shouldn't pose a problem...

Verns

Lance-Corporal
Jun 19, 2010
London
Funnily enough, I've had this happen in respect of a couple of books, although not yet in a TP novel. In both cases, I took them back to the bookshop at which I'd bought them and got a replacement. In one of these instances, I didn't even have the receipt to prove I'd bought it there (it was, as I recall, Julian Barnes' History of the World in 10 1/2 Chapters), but they still took it back without question (Waterstones, I love you). According to my daughter, who had a Saturday job at said Waterstones (although that came later and does not explain the good customer service), it happens pretty frequently and the faulty books are simply returned to the publishers. Sadly, I don't think that your situation is sufficiently unique to make your book in any way valuable.

By the way, I know it's pedantic, but your faulty book is not technically a misprint, but a mis-collation (if there is such a word). I am very hazy about the whole process of book production, but I believe mass market paperbacks are produced in sections, which are then collated and hot glued into the spine and cover of the book. In your case, they collated two identical sections (you probably got two section 2s, rather than section 2 and section 3).

CJDobs

Constable
Sep 10, 2009
I had a comic book once 'Batman Origins' which did the same thing.

It cost me £4 'used'.

I sold it to a small second hand comic store in Ashton Under lyne . . .for £35.

Somebody wants 'em mis-collated!

deldaisy

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2010
Brisbane, Australia
raisindot said:
bikkit said:
DAMN! And I dropped my misprint in a mud puddle by accident while camping.
Sorry, this is no market for misprinted dirty books.

:laugh:

J-I-B
Actually I think there IS a market for dirty books.... I hear some men PEOPLE I mean people "collect" them too. Lots of them. They must be VERY valuable as the collectors are terrified of having them stolen and hide them under thier beds so that wives ROBBERS I mean robbers don't see them and steal them away.

User Menu

Newsletter