Moving Pictures, 1000 Elephants, and James Bond...

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Quatermass

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 7, 2010
Tonyblack said:
Quatermass said:
raisindot said:
Who's Wee Dug said:
tusk, tusk Tony. :laugh:
You shouldn't Hannibalize someone else's pun.

:laugh:
And which Hannibal are we speaking of here? The Cannibal or the Carthaginian? :rolleyes:
As the puns are elephant related, I'd say the Carthaginian. :p
I knew that. :| That was the point. I was making a joke, as most people of my generation, when they hear the name 'Hannibal', would immediately think of Anthony Hopkins saying "I ate his liver with some fava beans, and a nice Chianti. S-S-S-S-S-S-S!" Or maybe a certain character from The A-Team.

deldaisy

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2010
Brisbane, Australia
:laugh: :laugh:

My daughter did a psycho routine at her comp with a hannibal mask... (Dammit I am still trying to get the photo off my phone and up here). It was so scarey. She was bound up in a straight jacket about to go on stage and said "Mum! Can you push my hair out of my eyes!" I was really really freaked about even going near her let alone touch her.... my brain was saying oh yeah that my baby... my other brain was saying RUUUUN! :eek:

Apr 26, 2011
Bingen
www.flickr.com
++ to that. (What other brain are we talking about, here? One in a glathth jar?)

I think that "Hannibalize" pun was very clever indeed, since it alludes on the one hand to the Carthaginian and his Elephants and at the same time to Hannibal the Cannibal, both of which fitted the context. :mrgreen:

raisindot

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2009
Boston, MA USA
poohcarrot said:
ChristianBecker said:
I think that "Hannibalize" pun was very clever indeed, since it alludes on the one hand to the Carthaginian and his Elephants and at the same time to Hannibal the Cannibal, both of which fitted the context. :mrgreen:
:eek: You shouldn't have said that! :eek:
You'll only encourage him. :(
If you want me to stop, you'll have to present a pact o' terms. :p

poohcarrot

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 13, 2009
NOT The land of the risen Son!!
raisindot said:
poohcarrot said:
ChristianBecker said:
Trunk off big ears! :p

raisindot

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2009
Boston, MA USA
poohcarrot said:
raisindot said:
poohcarrot said:
ChristianBecker said:
Trunk off big ears! :p
Well, that's just the sort of elephantile thing I'd expect you to say.

:laugh:

User Menu

Newsletter