Mystery of the wrong Terry explained (very sad true story)

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

unseenu

Lance-Corporal
Feb 19, 2010
Hull,uk
A long time ago now I made a post about how I went looking for my copy of carpe jugulum and in the back of the wardrobe came across a copy of "The Sword of Shannara" by Terry Brooks,the post can be read here: http://www.terrypratchett.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1406&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

My mother has explained to me how it ended up there,many years ago before she met my dad she was engaged to a magician who fell ill with lymphoma.Apparently the night he died he sent her to the bookshop to buy it for him but when she got back he was too weak to read it.He was an avid fantasy reader and died just a year after TCOM was published,I'm sure if he'd survived he would have been a Pratchett fan.

At some point in the future I plan to put the book on his grave.

deldaisy

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2010
Brisbane, Australia
Nice thought unseenu. But its terribly hard to read a good book when you have dieded.

Wouldn't his legacy of the love of good books be better served by giving the book to a child or adult who would or could not have bought the book... and therefore pass the legacy on?

The way some people pass on serviceable musical instruments rather than see them sit and fade.

meerkat

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jan 16, 2010
Pocklington East Riding Yorkshire
That's a lovely idea Unseenu.
Get the permission of the Cemertary first. 'Cos some bugger out there might nick it! Cynical I know, but that has happened to a friend's items that she put on a family members grave. Nothing valuable but items like a fish slice (pratchett fan) and a small feegle.

poohcarrot

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 13, 2009
NOT The land of the risen Son!!
deldaisy said:
Nice thought unseenu. But its terribly hard to read a good book when you have dieded.

Wouldn't his legacy of the love of good books be better served by giving the book to a child or adult who would or could not have bought the book... and therefore pass the legacy on?

The way some people pass on serviceable musical instruments rather than see them sit and fade.
...but not dwarfs' tools. :p

Nice idea unseenu and even nicer idea Del. :p

Latest posts

User Menu

Newsletter