Neil Gaiman interviews Terry

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

booklover

Apr 24, 2009
Hello,

First post, so excuse me if I get anything wrong...

I love at lot of Mr Pratchett's books (though not 100% convinced by the TV versions). 'Bad Omens' is one of my all-time favourite books and imagine my delight when i found this article http://www.wbqonline.com/feature.do?featureid=1. Neil Gaiman interviewing Terry Pratchett!

Wish i could have been there to ask them both questions! I'd start with 'Who was in charge?' ;) What would you ask them both?

Oct 13, 2008
Devon
Hi, Booklover & welcome to the forum. I do have Good Omens, but am ashamed to say I haven't read it yet. :oops: Great link BTW.

booklover

Apr 24, 2009
thank-you for making me feel so welcome.

i've had lots of water and rest over the weekend and i think i'm back to normal now.

i've never listened to a TP audio book, but love spoken word on my daily commute. which audiobook should i listen to first?

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
Hi Booklover! Glad you're feeling better ;)

The only audiobooks I've listened to were read by Tony Robinson & Neil Planer. I much preferred the latter (there are also some read by Stephen Briggs but I've never heard one). If you've not read the book in question yet, get an unabridged audio version (all TR ones are abridged, but they tend to be cheaper).

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
I've got Thud! and Wintersmith by Stephen Briggs and Lords and Ladies by Nigel Planer. I much prefer Stephen Briggs.

You might want to check out your local library and see if they have any of the audiobooks in stock - my library certainly has. ;)

Dec 31, 2008
Japan
I'm probably in a minority of one here, but I've never listened to any audio books and never will. Music is for listening to, books ain't. I have my own picture of discworld characters in my head and if I listened to anyone doing their voices it wouldn't be right.

Just my two-penny worth, that's all!

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
poohbcarrot said:
I'm probably in a minority of one here, but I've never listened to any audio books and never will. Music is for listening to, books ain't. I have my own picture of discworld characters in my head and if I listened to anyone doing their voices it wouldn't be right.

Just my two-penny worth, that's all!
Generally I'm inclined to agree. However, I was given the unabridged version of Thud! and found it great for listening to while travelling to the US when I was too tired to actually read. I can't just sit and listen to an audiobook as I tend to get distracted too easily (like picking up a book and starting to read it). Audiobooks are also quite useful if you are driving a long distance or if I'm out cycling. ;)

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
Listening to an audiobook got me through a psychological barrier whilst out running. I couldn't manage more than an hour for ages, then I bought some books on tape, & I was out for two!

Not that fit any more though :(

Foul ole Ron

Lance-Constable
Jun 5, 2009
Tonyblack said:
Audiobooks are also quite useful if you are driving a long distance or if I'm out cycling. ;)
Absolutely agree.

Listening to Terry Pratchett Audiobooks make the time whizz by while on long Car Journeys.

I prefer listening to them than music & I'm a professional musician too.

User Menu

Newsletter