New Editions of Good Omens

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
Just been on Locus online and saw that Good Omens paperback is number one the list.
HARDCOVERS Months
on list Last
month 1) Fall; or, Dodge in Hell, Neal Stephenson (Morrow) 1 – 2) A Brightness Long Ago, Guy Gavriel Kay (Berkley) 2 1 3) Exhalation, Ted Chiang (Knopf) 2 2 4) Tiamat’s Wrath, James S.A. Corey (Orbit US) 4 5 5) Fire & Blood, George R.R. Martin (Bantam) 8 7 6) The Stiehl Assassin, Terry Brooks (Del Rey) 2 9 7) Storm Cursed, Patricia Briggs (Ace) 2 3 8) Magic for Liars, Sarah Gailey (Tor) 1 – *) The Grand Dark, Richard Kadrey (Harper Voyager US) 1 – 10) To Clear Away the Shadows, David Drake (Baen)
1 – PAPERBACKS 1) Good Omens, Neil Gaiman & Terry Pratchett (Morrow) 22 2 2) The Hills Have Spies, Mercedes Lackey (DAW) 1 – 3) The Name of the Wind, Patrick Rothfuss (DAW) 69 6 4) Dune, Frank Herbert (Ace) 29 3 5) A Game of Thrones, George R.R. Martin (Bantam) 94 1 6) American Gods, Neil Gaiman (Morrow) 40 5 7) Ender’s Game, Orson Scott Card (Tor) 54 – 8) Magic Triumphs, Ilona Andrews (Ace) 2 8 9) 1637: The Volga Rules, Eric Flint, Paula Goodlett & Gorg Huff (Baen) 1 – 10) NOS4A2, Joe Hill (Morrow)
I have the Fall or Dodge in Hell (to be read) and intend on buying The Grand Dark, with Magic for Liars a possibility it has had some good reviews so I downloaded a kindle sample.

=Tamar

Lieutenant
May 20, 2012
Apparently, not only did the white edition of the script (with more deleted scenes) sell out quickly, there were three versions of it, each with different deleted scenes! Neil Gaiman has said that the publisher was responsible for that; he himself was expecting all the deleted scenes to be in all print runs.
However, if you search around the various tumblr fan sites for Good Omens, you can find all the deleted scenes posted, generally as photos of the pages.

=Tamar

Lieutenant
May 20, 2012
I don't know whether I will or not. I have found screengrabs of some of them online, possibly all of them. If i see it in the store, I may look for any I may not recognize.

RathDarkblade

City Watch
Mar 24, 2015
Melbourne, Victoria
No reason - just because! :)

"The Good Omens Book Song"
(to the tune of "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" from "Mary Poppins")

Pound diddle diddle diddle Pound diddle aye
Pound diddle diddle diddle Pound diddle aye
Super fancy illustrated version of Good Omen(s)
If you buy Ineffable, you're really quite a showman,
They will even give you life-size statue - Bard the Bowman;
Super fancy illustrated version of Good Omen!(s)

Pound diddle diddle diddle sell diddle aye
Pound diddle diddle diddle sell diddle aye
It's really quite expensive - well, to me it breaks the bank
I hope that's not offensive to you, I'm just being frank
But for a price like six thou pounds, I'd just as well go broke
And as for my bank manager - I think he'd have a stroke!

It's ...
Super fancy illustrated version of Good Omens
It's the latest thing since Julius Caesar and the Romans
If you buy it, please don't hit someone in the abdomen(s)
Super fancy illustrated version of Good Omens!

Pound diddle diddle diddle sell diddle aye ...

[continue ad lib, fill in the rest as it pleases you] ;)

User Menu

Newsletter