new style paperback eric?

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
Hi cam87 :)

Sorry to have to say that I don't think you'll be successful - according to previous discussions we've had on this subject, Eric was published by a different publisher to the rest of the books, so there is no black cover edition.

Have fun collecting the rest though ;)

cam87

Sep 4, 2010
yh sorry, would have done a search but i didnt know the ones i was collecting were called black cover editions.

i have another question aswel if anyone can help, some of the books seem to be unavailable even though they were released in 2007 etc. any idea where to buy these online?

cheers guys :)

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Not a problem. :) I don't know what the 'official' name for the covers is - the seem to have become 'the black covers' by default.

As to buying the books online - you could probably get them all direct from Transworld, Terry's publishers. Just put 'Pratchett' into the search and you should get them all. ;)

cam87

Sep 4, 2010
thanks tony :)

i have just been looking at a thread from 2009 on here about being unable to find monstrous regiment and going postal in black cover and transworld doesnt seem to list either on their site.
I have managed to order a copy of going postal in black cover from waterstones website but they say it takes 3-5 days to get, so i may recieve an email in a few days saying they cannot obtain it. Has monstrous regiment been released yet?

cheers

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
This seems to be a tricky one - I've seen pictures of the black cover Monstrous Regiment as you can see HERE, but so far I've only seen it for sale on an Australian site.

One of the later posts on the thread I linked to seems to suggest that MR hasn't been released yet in these covers - but probably will eventually. o_O

So the simple answer is - I don't know. :oops:

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
However - I have just written an email to Transworld to try and get a definitive reply to this question. I'll post the response if and when I get one. :)

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
I had a reply to my enquiry from Lynsey, the Press Officer at Transworld. :)

Hi Tony,

Thank you for your enquiry I hope you are well.

Regarding the black editions – Night Watch, Monstrous Regiment, Going Postal and Making Money will all appear in the black cover style. I don’t have a definite publication date for these but hopefully it will be next year. Unfortunately Eric was not published by Transworld and we therefore do not have the rights to publish it in the black edition.

I hope that clears everything up.

Best wishes,

Lynsey

Tonyblack said:
I had a reply to my enquiry from Lynsey, the Press Officer at Transworld. :)

Hi Tony,

Thank you for your enquiry I hope you are well.

Regarding the black editions – Night Watch, Monstrous Regiment, Going Postal and Making Money will all appear in the black cover style. I don’t have a definite publication date for these but hopefully it will be next year. Unfortunately Eric was not published by Transworld and we therefore do not have the rights to publish it in the black edition.

I hope that clears everything up.

Best wishes,

Lynsey
sucks, glad i have stuck with the kirby and kidby's now.

User Menu

Newsletter