News on the GOING POSTAL Movie

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

LadyL

Constable
Jul 25, 2008
Frankfurt/Main
This has been mentioned by Terry Pratchett on the PJSM website:

..... it looks as if, for various reasons, Going Postal The Movie will be delayed and shooting will not begin until the start of next year.

However, the guys from Mob turned up this morning and filmed my sequence for the Colour of Magic DVD which will be released in October.

Theres also good news about his health http://paulkidby.com/news/index.html

Rhya

Jan 20, 2010
Movie Release

I heard/read that Going Postal will be released over Easter, two parts like the other movies. :laugh:

I think that is just for Europe thou. :eek: I have no idea when it will be shown in the US. o_O Maybe ION will do it soon after the Easter release. They showed the other two movies. :rolleyes:

Moist von Lipwig

Lance-Constable
Jan 21, 2010
Ankh-Morpork
I just got to know that Going Postal is in production yesterday and I was like "omg, I am in heaven like hell!". I am one month after watching Hogfather and now I see they are making one another Pratchett book. Heya ho!

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Here's a translation of the above - I take it Going Potal translates as 'Hell Mail' in Polish. :)

Hell-mail on the small screen

Sky1 TV is preparing another book adaptation of the Discworld series. This will be the first part of Moist von Lipwigiem starring - Hell Mail. Like ekranizowany earlier Wiedźmikołaj, the film will consist of two 1.5-hour parts. Enters the screens in Easter 2010.

We recommend: Hell-mail at a promotional price of 23 zł selkar.pl

Is the film's director, Jon Jones, the script Ben Doyle and Richard Kurti. Is known to have cast the film. As the story books, and thus the film is not related to the previous disc film, or color of magic, we see a virtually identical new faces. And so:

Moist von Lipwig play Richard Coyle:

His beloved Adora Belle Dearheart play Claire Foy:

The figure of patrician Havelock Vetinari will play Charles Dance

His role will fall secretary Drumknot Steve Pemberton:

Reacher Gilt, President of the Company of Grand Stem is David Suchet:

Postman Groat will play Andrew Sachs:

A sergeant Angua will play Negrais Bolsø Berdal Ingrid:

Author: Corv

Related books: Hell Post

Moist von Lipwig

Lance-Constable
Jan 21, 2010
Ankh-Morpork
Mail Hell rather. Funny tittle and I was confused by this - I saw Going Postal as Going Postal first. :p

I don't like actor who plays Moist - he deserves something more, I think and I imagined him quite different while reading. But we will see when we see more picture and later the movie.

User Menu

Newsletter