Night Watch on BBC Radio 4

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

ramtopsman

Lance-Corporal
Aug 19, 2010
manchester
www.youtube.com
not to promote my channel :laugh: but check my channel all of the radio plays are on there

Tony i heard that they have made an equal rites bbc radio play is there anywhere i can listen to it ive searched for months

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
ramtopsman said:
not to promote my channel :laugh: but check my channel all of the radio plays are on there

Tony i heard that they have made an equal rites bbc radio play is there anywhere i can listen to it ive searched for months
I've no idea I'm afraid. I haven't heard of that one. The BBC seem to broadcast these now and again, but I have no idea when and where. :laugh:

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
ramtopsman said:
Dam i really wanna listen to it haha
According to Wikipedia, it was serialised on Woman's Hour.

Radio

Pratchett has had a number of radio adaptations on BBC Radio 4: The Colour of Magic, Equal Rites (on Woman's Hour), Only You Can Save Mankind, Guards! Guards!, Wyrd Sisters, Mort, and Small Gods have all been dramatised as serials, as was Night Watch in early 2008, and The Amazing Maurice and his Educated Rodents as a 90-minute play.[118]

Additionally, Guards! Guards! was also adapted as a one-hour audio drama by the Atlanta Radio Theatre Company and performed live at Dragon*Con in 2001.
This does seem to have been a dramatised version of the book, and possibly the first of the books to be dramatised. But it would have been a long time ago and I very much doubt that they ever repeated it. It doesn't seem to be in their archive. :(

I notice that the above list doesn't include the adaptation of 'Nation' that was on BBC Radio.

User Menu

Newsletter