Original cast back for Star Wars VII

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Really looking forward to this great cast though, it would be nice if there were more ladies.

Its all in Mad's link but here's the cast in short:

John Boyega
Daisy Ridley
Adam Driver
Oscar Isaac
Andy Serkis
Domhnall Gleeson
Max von Sydow
Harrison Ford
Carrie Fisher
Mark Hamill
Anthony Daniels
Peter Mayhew
Kenny Baker

Quatermass

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 7, 2010
The Mad Collector said:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-27210448

The years have not been kind to some of them, this could be very very odd .....
Especially Peter Mayhew. I saw him at Supanova earlier this month. He needed a walking stick to get onto stage, and I caught a glimpse of him in the wings in a wheelchair, something confirmed by a retweeted picture on Supanova's Twitter page. I'm not sure the poor fellow is physically capable of being Chewbacca again... :(

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Yes the first series were Episode IV - A New Hope, Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back and Episode VI - Return of the Jedi.

Then we had the prequels: Episode I - The Phantom Menace, Episode II - Attack of the Clones and Episode III - Revenge of the Sith.

The next three will be set after the events in Episodes IV, V and VI and be Episode VII - A Search For More Money, Episode VIII - Return of the Merchandise and Episode IX - For a Few Million Dollars More. :laugh:

Jan 23, 2014
Ah! Thank you!

This is where I come unstuck cos I take no notice of how Lucas numbers them cos he's an idiot. To me, they are 'the real ones' and 'the crap ones'.

The Mad Collector

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 1, 2010
Ironbridge UK
www.bearsonthesquare.com
and now the geriatric ones :laugh:

Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher from their wikipedia images, this is going to take a lot of work, at least a lot of the rest of the returning cast are hidden in costumes and frankly could be done by anyone. Peter Mayhew has had both knees replaced last year which is why he isn't moving well.

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
The Mad Collector said:
and now the geriatric ones :laugh:

Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher from their wikipedia images, this is going to take a lot of work, at least a lot of the rest of the returning cast are hidden in costumes and frankly could be done by anyone. Peter Mayhew has had both knees replaced last year which is why he isn't moving well.

AS THEY WERE, but where is the WOOKIE.

Quatermass

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 7, 2010
janet said:
Sister Jennifer said:
I'm not bothered about how the original cast looks now. I don't think they look bad, just older.

I'm thinking of that phrase, 'Flogging A Dead Horse'.
Ah, sadism, necrophilia and bestiality!
Sounds like another week in the House of Lords... :rolleyes:

Bickaxe

Corporal
Jul 25, 2008
Newport
I just hope it doesn't get too Disneyfied.

Wonder if it will cover the story arc where Han Solo and Leia have had kids? Think Luke has too

Jan 13, 2012
South florida, US
www.youtube.com
There is no story arc for that. they aren't using ANY of the existing comics/games/books as the basis for these new films. All they are using is Lucas' original outlines and notes for the entire saga.

The expanded universe was never canon anyway except to themselves and even that was iffy. Such works never are. The only things that were/are canon is the 6 films and the CGI clones wars film and series. BUT, from here on out everything WILL be canon though, (which will be a first for any franchise that it's ancillary material will be considered truely canon). They will have a group set up to just for the purpose of making sure everything is consistent and no conflicts arise. especially with the films. Everything that exists currently will be rebranded as Star Wars: Legends. (and possibly the next few books/comics/etc to come out until everything gets sorted)

As for disneyfied, what, like pirates of the Caribbean with them hanging a child in the first five minutes of the third one? :laugh:

People said the same thing about marvel, but all of those have turned out fine. infact things have been better now then ever.

User Menu

Newsletter