Osiris Ritual George Mann

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Going to try a new Author found in the Sci Fi

There is one book before this so not too out of sync -

George Mann

Osiris Ritual

Death Stalks London ...
and the newspapers proclaim that a mummy's curse has been unleashed. Sir Maurice Newbury, Gentleman Investigator for the Crown, is drawn into a web of occult intrigue as he attempts to solve the murders. And he soon finds himself on the trail of a rogue agent - a man who died to be reborn as a living weapon. Newbury's able assistant, Miss Veronica Hobbes, has her own mystery to unravel. Girls are going missing from a magician's theatre show. But what appears to be a straightfoward investigation puts Miss Hobbes in mortal danger. Can Newbury save his assistant, solve the riddle of the mummy's curse, capture the deadly man-machine - and stop the terrifying Osiris Ritual from reaching its infernal culmination?

The second Newbury and Hobbes adventure is a thrilling mystery featuring rooftop chases, swordfights, an exhilarating steampunk car chase, and a race through the London Underground.

Depending on how engrossing it is my review should follow shortly!

chris.ph

Sergeant-at-Arms
Aug 12, 2008
swansea south wales
no i havent read them so ive ordered the first one "affinity bridge" to see wot its like :)

and will people stop recommending authors on here as i am murder for ordering them to have a nose and i think the boss is going to ban me from amazon again shortly :laugh: :laugh:

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
chris.ph said:
no i havent read them so ive ordered the first one "affinity bridge" to see wot its like :)

and will people stop recommending authors on here as i am murder for ordering them to have a nose and i think the boss is going to ban me from amazon again shortly :laugh: :laugh:
Chris is that the boss at home or at work. :laugh:

chuffed

Lance-Corporal
Mar 12, 2010
Read that just after Christmas and since got the Affinity Bridge too, very enjoyable books and looking forward to the new one coming out.

one down side to them is the heroes "problem" I use this to make sure I don't spoil it for anyone who is about to read them!

User Menu

Newsletter