Outcasts

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Did anyone else watch Outcasts on the BBC last night?

I thought it was promising and worth checking out next week.

I just came from the IMDB message boards (I must stop visiting these) where several people thought that as the planet was called 'Carpathia', there might be vampires in the show. :rolleyes: As if we don't have enough vampire movies/TV shows/books etc.

chris.ph

Sergeant-at-Arms
Aug 12, 2008
swansea south wales
Tonyblack said:
Did anyone else watch Outcasts on the BBC last night?

I thought it was promising and worth checking out next week.

I just came from the IMDB message boards (I must stop visiting these) where several people thought that as the planet was called 'Carpathia', there might be vampires in the show. :rolleyes: As if we don't have enough vampire movies/TV shows/books etc.
part 2 is on tonight tony not next week tony :cool: :cool:

rockershovel

Lance-Corporal
Feb 8, 2011
I wasn't impressed. Having 30-odd years experience of working in the offshore oil industry, I'd have to say that the writers do not have the slightest idea of how a small disciplined group selected for a mission to a remote location actually functions. Nor does anyone involved have any idea of how people accustomed to guns actually carry and use them

not that either comment is particularly uncommon

chris.ph

Sergeant-at-Arms
Aug 12, 2008
swansea south wales
welcome to the site rockershovel, i blame the writers :laugh: idont think these were a select group they are basically refugees from a dying earth and i find i carry a weapon the most comfortable way i can without shooting my foot off

Apr 29, 2009
London
Just watched the first eppy.

It's a bit "clunky", but I'll keep watching............ mainly coz Eric Mabius (Daniel Meade in Ugly Betty) has just arrived, and he's looking like he's gonna be baaaaad!

:oops:

rockershovel

Lance-Corporal
Feb 8, 2011
eerrmmmmm... yes..... they are the crew of a spaceship the size of an office block who are in sufficient contact with earth that they are still receiving resupply and colonists. They have multi-millions of dollars' worth of hardware provided from public funds. They look more like the Gogafrincham B Ark crew....

rockershovel

Lance-Corporal
Feb 8, 2011
chris.ph said:
welcome to the site rockershovel, i blame the writers :laugh: idont think these were a select group they are basically refugees from a dying earth and i find i carry a weapon the most comfortable way i can without shooting my foot off
you want mismatched odds and sods on a long, isolated, dangerous mission, try The Cruel Sea or better yet, Moby Dick or White Jacket

Apr 29, 2009
London
On the BBC POV (Points of View) boards, the most messages say that they think it's Sh*te.

Others on POV think that the haters are wanting it to be as awful as Bonekickers and The Deep.

:laugh:

chris.ph

Sergeant-at-Arms
Aug 12, 2008
swansea south wales
rockershovel said:
chris.ph said:
you want mismatched odds and sods on a long, isolated, dangerous mission, try The Cruel Sea or better yet, Moby Dick or White Jacket
the cruel sea was the last film i watched b4 i joined the navy i nearly didnt go :laugh: and i will never be able to read or watch moby dick again after watching patrick stewart play ahab all i could think of was ENGAGE :laugh: :laugh:

rockershovel

Lance-Corporal
Feb 8, 2011
Patrick Stewart's Ahab was truly awful. The Gregory Peck one was better by far. But the book is best.

Cruel Sea is one of the great sea stories.

Star Trek Voyager is always popular in the offshore sector, partly for its sheer camp hamminess but mainly for Kate Mulgrew rraaawwwrrrrr

oh, and Ice Road Truckers...

rockershovel

Lance-Corporal
Feb 8, 2011
The Times in 2008 described Graham as "the small screen's resident raver, a one-woman festival of naturism"

you mean she ACTS as well? ..... :oops: well, I like her.....

User Menu

Newsletter