Physical size of paperbacks

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

RDPearson

Jul 5, 2010
Hello

I have the full collection of Discworld but have a question. Some of the books seem to be a different size to all the others. Try as I might I cant seem to locate them in the same size so that they fit together nicely in my bookcase. Most of the books I have are 18cm in height but a few are 20cm. The bigger ones are The Amazing Maurice, Wintersmith, Hat Full Of Sky, Wee Free Men and of course The Last Hero which is in a toally different format altogether.

Does anyone know if these books are available in the "18cm" size too? If so where would I be able to get them? I have been hunting on Google and Ebay but the physical size is never mentioned.

On another note is The Last Hero going to be released as a normal novel sometime instead of the current format?

Sorry if the questions above seem daft but my bookcase shelves cant hold the larger books without moving the shelving around which I dont want to do as then it will be too small to hold the collection.

Thanks in advance,
Richard

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Hi Richard and welcome. I know what you mean. I got very frustrated when Wintersmith came out in a completely different format to the other Tiffany books. Ther whole Tiffany series is going to be rereleased in a new standard format, which doesn't help if you've already got them and when the new Tiffany book comes out, it will, of course, be in Hardback and that won't match with the paperbacks. :rolleyes: But the Wee Free Men and Hat Full of Sky are certainly available in the 18cm size as is (I'm fairly sure) Amazing Maurice.

Last Hero is another thing as it was designed to be a story by Terry with illustrations by Paul Kidby. I don't see how they can make an 18cm version without taking the illustrations out. o_O

RDPearson

Jul 5, 2010
What I tend to do with new books is to buy 2 copies. One for my 1st edition collection and 1 to read. When it comes out in paperback eventually I buy that and pass the used hardback on to a friend. I prefer paperbacks for everyday reading.

RDPearson

Jul 5, 2010
Thanks guys.

I dont suppose anybody has the ISBNs of the 18cm paperbacks for the 4 20cm books I have?

Amazing Maurice
Wintersmith
Hat Full Of Sky
Wee Free Men

I really want to find them to match the rest of the collection. :laugh:
I dont mind duplicates as there are always friends who are happy to receive any I dont need. ;)

Anybody?

Thanks in advance again,
Richard

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
RDPearson said:
Thanks guys.

I dont suppose anybody has the ISBNs of the 18cm paperbacks for the 4 20cm books I have?

Amazing Maurice
Wintersmith
Hat Full Of Sky
Wee Free Men

I dont mind duplicates as there are always friends who are happy to receive any I dont need. ;) try out these sites shows all the p/back covers. http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/ or Abe books gives the ISBN NUMBERS if you do a search for the author. :) http://www.abebooks.co.uk/

Anybody?

Thanks in advance again,
Richard

RDPearson

Jul 5, 2010
Who's Wee Dug said:
RDPearson said:
Thanks guys.

Amazing Maurice
Wintersmith
Hat Full Of Sky
Wee Free Men

I dont mind duplicates as there are always friends who are happy to receive any I dont need. ;) try out these sites shows all the p/back covers. http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/ or Abe books gives the ISBN NUMBERS if you do a search for the author. :) http://www.abebooks.co.uk/

Anybody?

Thanks in advance again,
Richard
Thank you but how do I know which ISBN relates to which phyiscal size book. It is easy enough to find a list of the ISBNs for the books but not quite as easy to know the physical dimensions of each of them. I dont mind buying again to get what I want but I dont want to have to buy a copy of every ISBN hoping that one of them will be the size I am looking for :laugh:

RDPearson

Jul 5, 2010
I must be blind. I found that Amazon lists the size of the book in the description. LOL, I have never noticed that before. Now I can get the ISBNs and get the copies I actually want.

Thanks to all for your input. Appreciate you taking the time to help.

Cheers,
Richard

User Menu

Newsletter