Pink Floyd reference in Night Watch

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Jul 20, 2009
Lelystad, The Netherlands
I.m reading it in Dutch so it´s possible that the reference is lost in the translation.

In time I want to have all the books in English and YOU can help ;)
please donate to the Help Sjoerd getting all Pratchett novels in English Foundation. :p

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
I'll have to see if I have any double copies when I get back to Cardiff. One of my pasttimes is rescuing Pratchett books from charity shops. No promises though. :p

Jul 20, 2009
Lelystad, The Netherlands
Tonyblack said:
I'll have to see if I have any double copies when I get back to Cardiff. One of my pasttimes is rescuing Pratchett books from charity shops. No promises though. :p
Thanks a lot Tony that would be great :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
If there´s a novel you want to have in Dutch just let me know ;)

kakaze

Lance-Corporal
Jun 3, 2009
I know almost nothing about Pink Floyd, but does it have something to do with the song "all the little soldures rise up"?

Jan Van Quirm said:
*slaps head* Of course and I bloody read it and laughed out loud then promptly forgot all about it! :x

I think I'll have to adopt Tina's ploy and use post-its for the discussion books :rolleyes: :laugh:
Oh sure, tis bluidy wonderful until you find you've got 300 to 400 freaking little tabs sticking out of each book. Aargh!!! You should see them, they look like multicolored Hedgehogs!!!!!

The positive side and negative side together is "Dark Sarcasm in the Classroom" is going to be in my head and it is Not my fave song by them LMAO PMSL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trish

Corporal
Apr 23, 2009
Wintersville, Ohio
Tonyblack said:
As you are all reading Night Watch for the discussion, I'm sure you've spotted the Pink Floyd reference
-- haven't you?
Tony--

The reference to the "Bridge of Size" (p. 37 US paperback) while Carrot and Vimes are going to see the Patrician?

Not PF, but a takeoff on Robin Trower's "Bridge of Sighs."
Fantastic piece of music.

poohcarrot

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 13, 2009
NOT The land of the risen Son!!
Trish said:
Tonyblack said:
As you are all reading Night Watch for the discussion, I'm sure you've spotted the Pink Floyd reference
-- haven't you?
Tony--

The reference to the "Bridge of Size" (p. 37 US paperback) while Carrot and Vimes are going to see the Patrician?

Not PF, but a takeoff on Robin Trower's "Bridge of Sighs."
Fantastic piece of music.
I thought it was a take-off of this Bridge of Sighs o_O

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bridge_of_Sighs

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
Actually that was a building sit... whoops! :oops: :twisted: I lie - though it was a very near miss... :laugh:

And the Bridge of Sighs thing - well 1st time out with the 'gentleman' concerned he put Midnight at the Oasis (Maria Muldaur? :oops: ) on the gramophone player - this was a very long time ago of course ;) And I should have paid more attention to the album choice and especially to the desert connection as that's wot our marriage became. Housemating's so much more fun - all the good bits (like someone tall enough to not need a ladder to change a lightbulb) and none of the Ewwwwy bad parts :twisted:

But that's far too much info :laugh:

poohcarrot

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 13, 2009
Jan Van Quirm said:
And the Bridge of Sighs thing - well 1st time out with the 'gentleman' concerned he put Midnight at the Oasis (Maria Muldaur? :oops: ) on the gramophone player - this was a very long time ago of course
Wow Jan! That makes you at least 104 years old. I bet your "gentleman" had a really long "flex", but I'm sure he found somewhere convenient to "plug" it in - probably in the nearest building sit. :laugh:

poohcarrot

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 13, 2009
You could have been like that film with Donald Sutherland and the red-wearing axe-wielding dwarf set in Venice - Don't look back, I think it was called. Bit of a raunchy sex scene in it if I remember correctly. Old Donald had no problem plugging his flex in. :laugh:

User Menu

Newsletter