Price drop bargins

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
You searched for hisworld ~ Discworld.com

Terry Pratchett HisWorld

Hardbacks HisWorld book release Hogswatch Gift Ideas

£30.00 to £15.00 Standard edition - white cover

In 2017 the Estate of Sir Terry Pratchett, the Salisbury Museum and illustrator Paul Kidby joined forces to present the award winning Terry Pratchett: HisWorld exhibition – taking visitors to the heart of the world of the Discworld creator.

This comprehensive and fully illustrated guide is the official companion to that unique collection.

With additional images and extra content including essays by Rhianna Pratchett, Rob Wilkins, Paul Kidby, Colin Smythe, Bernard Pearson, Stephen Briggs, Amy Anderson for The Josh Kirby Estate, Professor Roy Jones, Jake Keen & Nick Cowen.

Terry Pratchett HisWorld – Slipcase Edition Black cover

£75.00 £37.50

The Special Limited Slipcased Edition features an alternative cover design, an embossed, foil blocked and numbered tip-in page, coloured page edgings and a marker ribbon. Also included with this collectable book is a unique print signed by the artist Paul Kidby.

In 2017 the Estate of Sir Terry Pratchett, the Salisbury Museum and illustrator Paul Kidby joined forces to present the award winning Terry Pratchett: HisWorld exhibition – taking visitors to the heart of the world of the Discworld creator.

This comprehensive and fully illustrated guide is the official companion to that unique collection.

With additional images and extra content including essays by Rhianna Pratchett, Rob Wilkins, Paul Kidby, Colin Smythe, Bernard Pearson, Stephen Briggs, Amy Anderson for The Josh Kirby Estate, Professor Roy Jones, Jake Keen & Nick Cowen.

Limited to 2000 copies.

Attachments

I grabbed this a few months ago when they discounted it to GBP15 - although shipping from the UK doubled that cost... but yes, this book is really great for the hard core fan, especially one who couldn't make it to the exhibit itself due to distance.

RathDarkblade

City Watch
Mar 24, 2015
Melbourne, Victoria
Hmm. I don't have this book yet, although I did get the "Imaginarium" when it came out -- but I was disappointed with how much it cost, and how little art there was there that I hadn't already seen. (I do have the earlier two art books, so I'd seen most of the "Imaginarium" art before. It was still interesting to notice new details, though).

It seems the only difference between the "Slipcase" edition and the usual edition is the different cover design, the coloured page edgings, the market ribbon, and the signed Kidby print. What does this mean?

...embossed, foil blocked and numbered tip-in page...
Sorry, I'm not sure what "foil block" or "tip-in page" are. Any ideas?

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
Hmm. I don't have this book yet, although I did get the "Imaginarium" when it came out -- but I was disappointed with how much it cost, and how little art there was there that I hadn't already seen. (I do have the earlier two art books, so I'd seen most of the "Imaginarium" art before. It was still interesting to notice new details, though).

It seems the only difference between the "Slipcase" edition and the usual edition is the different cover design, the coloured page edgings, the market ribbon, and the signed Kidby print. What does this mean?

Sorry, I'm not sure what "foil block" or "tip-in page" are. Any ideas?
"tip-in page" = free page not bound in.
"foil block" = stamped with enough pressure to seal a thin layer of foil to the paper. (example below)

Attachments

=Tamar

Lieutenant
May 20, 2012
I believe that a tip-in page is printed separately but attached to the book, usually glued in after the fact but sometimes bound with the rest of the book. Illustrations printed in color used to be tipped in. Possibly the usage has changed.

User Menu

Newsletter