Questions about Star Trek: Deep Space Nine books

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Penfold

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 29, 2009
Worthing
www.lenbrookphotography.com
I've read a few Deep Space 9 novels and found them fairly enjoyable, but generally not really as good as The Next Generation ones. Having said that, this is purely my own personal tastes and not a criticism of the series, which I have just started watching again on DVD from episode 1. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

I can recommend the Double Helix Series (Infection, Vectors, Red Sector, Quarantine, Double or Nothing, The First Virtue) and the Invasion Series (First Strike, The Soldiers of Fear, Time's Enemy, The Final Fury) however, since they have crossovers between all the different series (except Enterprise, which I never really counted as being true Star Trek). Both have different types of theme, great storyline and pace, as well as benefiting from the input of multiple authors (a different one for each book). :)

Willem

Sergeant
Jan 11, 2010
Weert, The Netherlands
I've only read a couple:

A Stitch in Time by Andrew J. Robinson. A Garak book, dealing with his past mostly but also his life after the series finale. On the one hand, I enjoyed it immensely, but it did take a bit out of the mystery that is Garak.

The 34th rule - co-written by Armin Shimerman. I don't remember much about this one. Some laughs (well, it's about Ferengi) and all characters that Armin portrayed play a role in the book. Read it if you like Ferengi, I'd say.

The Millennium trilogy. When I first read these, I thought they were awesome. They do have a lot going for them: interesting new characters, big enemies, suspense and action. I reread it some years later and was less impressed. Try the first one. If that one's got you hooked, you're sure to like the rest too.

Latest posts

User Menu

Newsletter