Ridiculous!

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Cheery

Sergeant
Jun 22, 2009
Switzerland
jellymish-art.tumblr.com
As some of you might know, I'm a huge fan of disney animated films. I was looking for a Platinum Edition DVD of the Lion King and wanted to compare the prize. I found one on ebay sold by an American, new, in stock and $16.50 each.
I found same DVD sold by a German (it was exactly the same, inclding the language. It wasn't a german version) on the same page and it was marked as "rarity" and was used. People bid over 600 euros for it and the price for emmediatly buying it was over 800, Just because it was marked as "rarity" :laugh: DO SOME RESEARCH PEOPLE!

It's just ridiculous! :laugh:

Cheery

Sergeant
Jun 22, 2009
Switzerland
jellymish-art.tumblr.com
Bouncy Castle said:
This any use?

I could get it for you (it's free delivery) then send it on to Switzerland, and you can reimburse me.

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/6-/Search.h ... chsource=0
Well, I think I could get it on ebay or amazon any time. We've got an account and that'll be easier. Anyway, I think I'd rather wait for the "diamond edition" DVD's comming out this year.

But thanks very much for the offer! *hugs*

But just tell me: What's the "region 1 DVD" for?

Jan 1, 2010
Cheery said:
But just tell me: What's the "region 1 DVD" for?
Map of the different DVD regions - players and DVD's have codes so you can't watch them in other regions, so you probably can't play a region 1 DVD although some players can play discs from all regions

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Yes, it's perfectly possible to get DVD players that will play all regions (Sharlene has one) and it's also possible, if you Google it, to find codes that will allow your current DVD player (in many cases) to play out of region DVDs. :)

Cheery

Sergeant
Jun 22, 2009
Switzerland
jellymish-art.tumblr.com
I think my computer can read all. I usually watch DVD's on there.

The problem is that I'd like to get the german DVD version so I can show it to my little sister too. I'd like her to see the disney animated movies because I really enjoyed them when I was small. And I still do today. :laugh:
I think she likes them just as much as I did :) .

Cheery

Sergeant
Jun 22, 2009
Switzerland
jellymish-art.tumblr.com
Quote from Wikia:
Disney has yet to announce a date for the Blu-ray Disc release, although the studio showed clips of the film on Blu-ray at the Consumer Electronics Show 2008. Being a Platinum title, The Lion King will most likely be incorporated into Disney's new "Diamond Edition" home video line which replaces the Platinum Collection. As Disney has announced all future Diamond Edition titles until 2010 (Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Fantasia, Fantasia 2000, Beauty and the Beast and Alice in Wonderland), a Blu-ray release/DVD re-release of The Lion King is not expected until 2011 the earliest.

See? It's not all that long to wait. Only a little more than a year. It's worth the wait.

User Menu

Newsletter