Rincewind between Eric and Interesting Times

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Apr 29, 2010
Hello to everybody, I was re-reading Eric and Interesting times and I was wondering if I missed something between these two books, because at the end of Eric Rincewind is coming out of hell, and at the beginning of Interesting times he's stranded on a desert island.

I looked around on internet and I didn't find anything.
In interesting times there's only a sentence that may (or may not) give some information:
"He'd seen the creation of the universe, although not from a good seat, and had visited Hell and the afterlife. He'd been captured, imprisoned, rescued, lost and marooned. Sometimes it had all happened on the same day."

So, am I missing something or this is all we can know about the break from one novel to the other?
Thanks for your kind answers.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Welcome to the site, StranaMente! :laugh:

The simple answer is that we don't know what happened between the two books and Terry isn't telling us. We can only assume that Rincewind had another adventure that caused him to end up on the island - without potatoes. :laugh:

Penfold

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 29, 2009
Worthing
www.lenbrookphotography.com
Hellooo and welcome from me too, StranaMente! :)

I think its just where he ended up when escaping from Hell, and he had no idea of his destination (or time period). As he often points out when running away, 'it's not where your running too that matters, it's just the running that counts!' :laugh: (or something like that.)

Apr 29, 2010
Thank you very much for your answers, it was a doubt that was bothering me for some time now. Since in Italy only few books has been published, and sometimes not in the right order, I was wondering if I missed something, since it really seems that there is no connection at all between these two books.
Thank you again.
:-D

Latest posts

User Menu

Newsletter