STICKY Sad News for us all.

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Nov 15, 2011
Aust.
The Mad Collector said:
Step back in time and try the earlier novels as well, The Carpet People, Strata and Dark Side of the Sun. They are not to everyone's taste but I like them and a thorough re-read should include them
Cor, I'm reading Strata then Dark Side Of The Sun. I never started DW in the right order so I might give that a go next.

I was thinking about the multiverse. Somewhere Terry, Josh Kirby and even Douglas Adams are still having a laugh.

I was really chuffed to hear from my son that the library at his secondary school had posted up memorial posters for STP. Well done the school librarian for helping another generation to 'find' Terry Pratchett.

There's no poster at Hannah's school.....so she has spent the evening designing one on the computer and says she's taking it in to the school library on Monday to see if she can put it up......and she's not taking no for an answer! :laugh:

simmonds91

Lance-Corporal
Oct 29, 2012
Gods damnit, every time i come to this thread i tear up.

Tell me, do any of you have any guesses as to what young sam would have grown up to be had Terry not passed on and continued to write for many more years? I cant help but feel a lack of closure on the issue... In fact i feel this way about nearly all of Terry's characters despite each book ending cleanly and without cliffhangers.

Ah.. I know why i feel this way, Of course i do, Im realising that there will no longer be any new discworld books after the shepheards crown written by Terry himself. :cry:

Thanks for all the links and information you guys keep posting, i appreciate it!

User Menu

Newsletter