SPOILERS Science of Discworld - Judgement Day *Spoilers*

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
So you have the latest book and you'd like to discuss it with others who have read it. You don't want to spoil it for others who haven't read it yet though.

So this is the place to post. :laugh:

IF YOU HAVEN'T READ SCIENCE OF DISCWORLD - JUDGEMENT DAY GO NO FURTHER AS THIS THREAD CONTAIN SPOILERS.

Loopyc

Lance-Constable
Apr 23, 2013
Norfolk
I have ploughed through them as I can't resist a new book with Terry's name attached to it but they are hard work - I also feel they spoil the magic a little - especially 'Judgement Day'. I kind of had the feeling the scientists were taking the mickey out of those of us who think the world is a little bit better with some make believe - maybe I have missed the point? o_O

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
I read 1 & 2, TBH I thought the science was arrogant and not completely true anyway. Some funny bits, can't really remember them, I might try again at some point. It will be a while till I read this one I should think.

Loopyc

Lance-Constable
Apr 23, 2013
Norfolk
There is very little discworld in this one - for the science bits Bill Bryson's ' Short History of Nearly Everything' is a far better bet :laugh:

Loopyc

Lance-Constable
Apr 23, 2013
Norfolk
Who's Wee Dug said:
I like the narrator Michael Fenton on the Science of the Discworld books, but Bill Bryson's books in any form have no for interest for me and would be a losing bet.
I have not listened to the audio versions so might give them a go - happy to change my mind :)

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
Who's Wee Dug said:
I have liked the science bits in the others, but I'm not that far into this one yet, it's maybe a sign of things to come induced unfortunely by that which needs not to be named.
Ian Stewart and Jack Cohen write the science part, what do they suffer from that doesn't need to be named? Sometimes we just don't like the way something is written, it doesn't mean it's a sign of a degenerative disease.

User Menu

Newsletter