Scott Pilgrim vs the World!

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

DaveC

Sergeant
Jul 7, 2010
Portishead, UK
davecfilmgeek.tumblr.com
I gave up some of my Discworld time to re-read my 5 Scott Pilgrim graphic novels then embarked on the final 6th book which I have just bought. :oops:

The film of the books, Scott Pilgrim vs the World is out in the middle of August in America and on 25th of August here in the UK. It is the film I am most excited about this year! Directed by Edgar Wright (Spaced, Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz) and starring Michael Cera (Superbad, Juno, Nick and Norah..., Youth in Revolt) and Mary Elizabeth Winstead (Die Hard 4, Death Proof), it looks awesome. :laugh:

Anyone else a fan of of the books and/or can't wait for the film? o_O:

...1 Week later.

Oh yeah, I read the last volume very good but as good as the others. Still hyped about the film, though!

4 weeks to go!

Finomans

Lance-Corporal
Jul 5, 2010
The Netherlands
I'm really looking forward to the movie but it won't come out in the Netherlands until January Flipping 2011. It's really not fair man. And you'll get it in August! That's half a year difference! :cry:

I absolutely loved this film, though I haven't read the books, intend to asap though! I also adore Ramona's hair!!! I would love to have hair like hers, except I suspect the hospitals might have something to say (i'm a student nurse). Suppose I could go for a similar style in a natural colour, but that'd be less fun...

I can't wait for it to come out on DVD though, I've ended up seeing it twice in the cinema with two different groups of friends and I want to see it again already! Anyone know when it's dvd release date is in the UK?

Wrecks

Lance-Constable
Aug 19, 2010
Oklahoma
www.investcomics.com
LifeChild said:
I absolutely loved this film, though I haven't read the books, intend to asap though! I also adore Ramona's hair!!! I would love to have hair like hers, except I suspect the hospitals might have something to say (i'm a student nurse). Suppose I could go for a similar style in a natural colour, but that'd be less fun...

I can't wait for it to come out on DVD though, I've ended up seeing it twice in the cinema with two different groups of friends and I want to see it again already! Anyone know when it's dvd release date is in the UK?
I can try and find out. But it probably will be about 4 months when it comes out on dvd like DaveC said.

mroobalooba

Lance-Constable
Oct 2, 2009
Cornwall
twitter.com
I loved the film and have been a fan of the comics for some time. Was lucky enough to see a special screening of it with Edgar Wright and the cast when i went to San Diego for Comic-Con...was an amazing experience as Metric played live straight after the credits

mroobalooba said:
I loved the film and have been a fan of the comics for some time. Was lucky enough to see a special screening of it with Edgar Wright and the cast when i went to San Diego for Comic-Con...was an amazing experience as Metric played live straight after the credits
Lucky!

Metric's is my favourite song on the soundtrack!

User Menu

Newsletter