Shaking Hands With Death

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
I just heard about this through my Facebook feed.

‘Most men don’t fear death. They fear those things – the knife, the shipwreck, the illness, the bomb – which precede, by microseconds if you’re lucky, and many years if you’re not, the moment of death.’
You may have seen it on BBC1 or read it in A Slip of the Keyboard and now on 30th July, Shaking Hands With Death, Terry’s most important essay on Alzheimer’s and our right to a dignified death, will be available as a standalone book, with a new introduction by Rob Wilkins.
Shaking Hands With Death.

Feb 4, 2013
I remember seeing the Richard Dimbleby Lecture, when Tony Robinson read this essay for old Pratchett. I concur with Catch-up. :(

RathDarkblade

City Watch
Mar 24, 2015
Melbourne, Victoria
Yep - seen 'em both. :) I'm a member of The Wheeler Centre, and I read the transcript of "Imagination". It's certainly thought-provoking, as well as funny.

"Back in Black" is ... yes, difficult. (I can't think of a better word). I can't watch it without tearing up. :(

bob003

Aug 17, 2019
You may have seen it on BBC1 or read it in A Slip of the Keyboard and now on 30th July, Shaking Hands With Death, Terry’s most important essay on Alzheimer’s and our right to a dignified death, will be available as a standalone book, with a new introduction by Rob Wilkins.
Yeah, that essay work is awesome. I've re-read it several times.

User Menu

Newsletter