Slight Blunder in Going Postal

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

unseenu

Lance-Corporal
Feb 19, 2010
Hull,uk
Just thought I'd mention something I spotted while watching going postal part one to see if anyone else picked up on it:

In the scene where Moist and Adora Belle are back in Ankh Morpork after going to Sto lat,in the background there is a streetlamp which clearly has an electric lightbulb in it! :laugh: :laugh:

unseenu

Lance-Corporal
Feb 19, 2010
Hull,uk
hmm maybe but how do you explain the one in colour of magic where cohen is talking about how horrible it is to not have any teesh and while hes saying that you can see a full set of them in his mouth :)

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
Salamander dinchewers? :laugh: ;)

In the books Cohen either has no teesh or a mouthful of troll diamond teeth I thought? But then I haven't seen the CoM film so I don't know how the continuity/make up guys rendered his mouth furniture. Lightbulbs are a different kettle of amphibians however :laugh:

Jun 5, 2010
Well for some reason these forums don't want to let me do a quote...keeps redirecting me to the forum index when I try to hit the quote button...

As to the question of removing the actor's teeth, they COULD do it with CGI, but it would be pretty expensive for something that trivial. As to why they didn't use tooth-black makeup for his closeups, search me...

No, really...search me...I stole their makeup...

Aug 29, 2008
Bridgwater Somerset
If they can remove objects with CGI then maybe it would make more sense to spend the money in removing David Jason and splice in an actor who can play Rincewind convincingly...........and recut the show so it is more like the book. :laugh:

User Menu

Newsletter