slinky malinky

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

stormblade

Lance-Constable
Sep 18, 2008
uk
anyone else with kids notice how they never get bored of having the same book over and over again

my little girl loves slinky malinky so much i often have to read it twice before she goes to sleep.

i know it off by heart as dose she yet she cant get enought of it

kids who would have them

Selkie

Lance-Corporal
Jul 25, 2008
My daughter also loved this book as a youngster. 17 years later I can still quote it although the book has fallen apart now. :)

Slinky Malinki was blacker than black
A stalking and lurking adventurous cat
He had bright yellow eyes and a warbling wail
And a kink at the end of his very long tail

(or something like that :) )

Jinx

Lance-Corporal
Jul 27, 2008
Glasgow, UK
My 2 year old daughter's favourite bedtime book, right now, is Songs and Rhymes from In The Night Garden. Reading it to her reminds me of the scene in Thud! where Sam Vimes reads Where's My Cow? to young Sam from underground. By that I mean if I couldn't find the book then I could read it word perfect to her anyway.

And yes she usually wants it read twice with her In The Night Garden teddies tucked up in bed with her too.

Jarred

Feb 15, 2012
My daughter, now 14, used to love the same book when she was younger. I now read it to my 2 year old son who is also very fond of it.

AuntyVague

Lance-Corporal
Nov 13, 2011
Victoria, Australia
Re:

Selkie said:
My daughter also loved this book as a youngster. 17 years later I can still quote it although the book has fallen apart now. :)

Slinky Malinki was blacker than black
A stalking and lurking adventurous cat
He had bright yellow eyes and a warbling wail
And a kink at the end of his very long tail

(or something like that :) )
Me too :) and Hairy Mclary (although Slinky Malinky is still my favourite Lynley Dodd book)...

Muffin McLay
like a bundle of hay,
Bottomly Potts
all covered in spots,
Herculse Morse
as big as a horse...

Oh and another book my daughter loved to hear over and over again when she was small was 'We're Going on a Bear Hunt' by Michael Rosin. I can still quote that one too :)

User Menu

Newsletter