Terry Needs Your Votes.

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

freddy

Lance-Constable
Nov 26, 2008
I have just voted for TP and Tolkien 2ed :laugh: wooopie Can not stand JK :devil: Hope she comes last . We should get everyone in the world to Vote for TP :laugh: shame you can not vote againe darn..... or may I can will have another go
o_O:

freddy

Lance-Constable
Nov 26, 2008
hee hee I have voted again yip ee yip eee yep you are right if you delet your cookies or if using Muzzlia Firefox go to tools clear privet data selct cookies and hay presto you can vote again :laugh: im really really happy
:laugh: :p :laugh: :p :laugh: TP has to win

silverstreak

Lance-Corporal
Aug 1, 2008
Llanelli,Wales
update.

Terry pratchett 27% with 820 votes
Tolkein 26% with 814 votes

others nowhere including that woman Rowling.

This is getting uncomfortably close.
Anyone not yet voted please don't delay-Your Pratchett Needs You.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
I just voted again with my new computer :)

Can I suggest that if anyone here is voting that they think carefully before voting Tolkien as their second choice. Yes I know he's a great writer, but it rather defeats the object if we vote for Terry and JRR. ;)

Terry Pratchett (27%, 821 Votes)
JRR Tolkien (26%, 815 Votes)
JK Rowling (9%, 285 Votes)
George RR Martin (8%, 242 Votes)
CS Lewis (7%, 229 Votes)
Robert Jordan (5%, 169 Votes)
David Gemmell (5%, 140 Votes)
Robin Hobb (4%, 115 Votes)
Philip Pullman (3%, 89 Votes)
Steven Erikson (3%, 84 Votes)
Stephen Donaldson (2%, 61 Votes)
Ursula Le Guin (2%, 61 Votes)
Guy Gavriel Kay (2%, 58 Votes)

silverstreak

Lance-Corporal
Aug 1, 2008
Llanelli,Wales
Anyone seen the polls lately?

Pterry first with 35% and 1288 votes.
JRR Tolkein second with 24% and 875 votes.
JL Rowling third with 9% and 330 votes.Yes that's 330 votes!

I can't understand CS Lewis coming in sixth with only 7% and 243 votes.

rissoles

Lance-Constable
Feb 4, 2009
www.raikothan.com
If I may pour water on this idea, I would suggest that any poll that contains Mz Rowling may not actually be worth being a part of....

I shall vote anyway - but I feel uncomfortable (rowling...errrrrrk)

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
You really have to admire Ms. Rowling if only for her ability to write decent dialogue that transfers well onto the big screen. And she's even more brilliant at marketing herself - or has the best PR and legal people in the world to achieve that on her behalf.

She's a remarkable writer no doubt about it and even if she 'borrows' she does so intelligently and engagingly. Whether she's a great storyteller or not it less clear and depends on whether you include 'range' in that assessment. Her chosen sphere is attractive and engaging for most people and so inordinately popular. But its not a broad palette and her writing style though it matures and improves if not particularly varied in context or content...

In other words I think she's a very clever one trick pony :p Tell me to reconsider when she's written 50 odd books about all kinds of places and issues and I'll re-assess her versatility and intellect :twisted:

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
JKR is good, no doubt about it. Her first three books were very enjoyable, but then it all got taken a bit too seriously, I think.

She's no Terry Pratchett ;)

rissoles

Lance-Constable
Feb 4, 2009
www.raikothan.com
chris.ph said:
if a book encourages children to read the author should be applauded not criticised( cant spell that :oops: )
On that point I will concede that there may be some value to her scribblings.

As regards criticism, the wonderful thing about that is that it is rarely objective... therefore one may criticise anyone for any reason, and if you believe that I have taken an unreasonable dislike to the vacuous ramblings feel free to criticise me...

:laugh:

PS Chris, if you get a hold of the FF3 browser you can download an excellent active spell checker as an "add-on"

User Menu

Newsletter