The Long Mars (No Spoilers Please)

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
Currently about halfway through reading the Long War and it's not so bad I think - bit irritating in places with the Zulu vicar and his dodgy lavatory needing more of a push but otherwise I'm quite enjoying it

From the little teasers the Long Mars sounds like it's going somewhere at least if what I think happens in Yellowstone does happen - durr! :rolleyes:

cols

Lance-Corporal
Nov 5, 2008
ireland
loved the long earth. disappointed by the long war(felt very much like a filler, repetitive and somewhat dumbed down) but i have high hopes that the long mars will have the same tempo as the long earth.

janet

Sergeant
Nov 14, 2009
North East England
Mind wide open for this one.
Long Earth took a while to get into it but was worth the effort eventually and i enjoyed the trip.
Haven't a copy of the Long War yet as funds are scarce and i have to wait for the paperback......and.....the Long Mars situation is probably something similar but looking forward to reading it too.

pip

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 3, 2010
KILDARE
I have it in the post so should have it today or tomorrow. Not sure how much I want to read it.Still hoping the series improves

Oct 13, 2008
Devon
I received the book today, but have been re-reading the others to refresh my memory. The Long Earth first & now I'm half way through The Long War & will read the new one when I finish it. :laugh:

Scifi451

Jun 20, 2014
I am excited to read the long mars. Think will start reading tonight possibly. Wish there was an easy way to refresh my mind on the last book without having to reread it. Or even just a simple rough timeline for the series so far since they have covered a bit of time so far over the first two books

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
I know what you mean. I can't remember very much about the last two books. I know I enjoyed them and I'm sure I'll pick it up again.

Welcome to the site. :laugh:

Oct 13, 2008
Devon
Finished The Long War this morning. I know, :laugh: I'm retired so have plenty of time to read. :laugh: I read a chapter then do something useful then go back to the book I'm reading. :laugh:
I have started reading The Long Mars. OK so far.

User Menu

Newsletter