The Long Mars (No Spoilers Please)

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Oct 13, 2008
Devon
I have The Long Earth & The Long War, in hardback & unabridged audio, The Long Mars in hardback, only read part of that one, but there I stopped, as Raisindot wrote, there is hardly any Terry Pratchett in those books & that was the worst, so I decided the next would be even more worse. :laugh: I did like Joshua's story, but other characters didn't do anything for me.

Oct 13, 2008
Devon
Mixa said:
raisindot said:
Welcome, Dave!
<br><br>
To answer your question: No, the "Long...." books show almost no "presence" of Pterry's writing style or wit whatsoever. They're traditional SF fare and not particularly innovative either conceptually or in execution. I believe that Pterry mainly contributed some of the themes and plot elements and character outlines, and perhaps a bit of dialogue with certain characters. But it you didn't know he was involved you'd never guess.
I was afraid of reading that because I didn’t quite enjoy Good Omens either. What a pity. Nevertheless, sometime I’d like to give an opportunity to the books… I can’t resist to something with the name “Pratchett” written on it. :laugh:

Mx

I have the BBC audio of Good Omens. I quite liked that story. :laugh: Dramatised it was better that reading the book.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
hnorwood said:
I have just finished reading The Long Mars. There seemed to me to be a big error in it - at least it jarred my sense of the book's "universe". Anywhere I can discuss it?
You can post it here if you use spoiler tags. :)

The Mad Collector

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 1, 2010
Ironbridge UK
www.bearsonthesquare.com

User Menu

Newsletter