The Only Way Is Essex

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

deldaisy

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2010
Brisbane, Australia
Since everyone seems to be making a new thread here every two minutes....

I have seen a programme here on cable. See above.

Is this for real? It looks so scripted. And if it IS a parody or a take-off of a particular type of person... yeah yeah the "speak" is ridiculous.... Do women there really wear that much make-up? I mean in general? My teen was wondering.... so was I actually... And would a regular guy REALLY pay tens of thousands for a watch????

The Mad Collector

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 1, 2010
Ironbridge UK
www.bearsonthesquare.com
Not seen the program but if it is about Essex then the answers probably are

yes
Essex is a parody
yes
yes
and yes to the watch as well

I was once in a restaurant in Essex and at the next table was a classic Essex pairing of girl in short skirt (well more like a pelmet), tight silk top and white high heels, probably very little else and the guy who was wearing the required white shirt open too far down, tight trousers with heavy gold bracelet and necklace and I almost choked on my soup when she quite clearly told him that if they stopped off at the jewelers on the way back home and he got her the ring she fancied that whatever he fancied was available next on the menu.

Penfold

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 29, 2009
Worthing
www.lenbrookphotography.com
The Mad Collector said:
I was once in a restaurant in Essex and at the next table was a classic Essex pairing of girl in short skirt (well more like a pelmet), tight silk top and white high heels, probably very little else and the guy who was wearing the required white shirt open too far down, tight trousers with heavy gold bracelet and necklace and I almost choked on my soup when she quite clearly told him that if they stopped off at the jewelers on the way back home and he got her the ring she fancied that whatever he fancied was available next on the menu.
I'm probably going to get sooo slapped for these; :p

Q: Why do Essex girls wear underwear?
A: They make good ankle warmers.

Q: What do Essex girls do for foreplay?
A: Remove their underwear.

Q: What's the mating call of the Essex girl?
A: "I'm *sooo* drunk!"

Q: What is the mating call of the ugly Essex girl?
A: (Screaming) "I said: I'm drunk!"

Q: What's the mating call of the London girl?
A: "All the Essex girls have gone home!"

User Menu

Newsletter