The Turtle Moves

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
I'm pretty sure this hasn't been mentioned here before.

I just discovered this book - The Turtle Moves: Discworld's Story So Far (Paperback) by Lawrence Watt-Evans.

Product Description
Terry Pratchett's Discworld series is a publishing phenomenon, around the globe. Three dozen novels over the past 20-odd years have delighted millions of readers. Here, avid fan and fantasy author Watt-Evans offers 62 chapters describing the Discworld for fan and neophyte alike, with a chapter-by-chapter chronological account of how each novel has altered and added to the whole, a taxonomy of the various sub-series and extensive comments on ""How It All Works"" and ""What It All Means"".

silverstreak

Lance-Corporal
Aug 1, 2008
Llanelli,Wales
Never come across The Turtle Moves.Judging by what Jason says it might be worth a punt,if I can find it.

By the way Tony that Cornwell book was Heretic.I didn't get it from a charity shop,that was a Neil Gaiman book called Smoke and Mirrors.I actually picked it up from The Works believe it or not.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
silverstreak said:
Never come across The Turtle Moves.Judging by what Jason says it might be worth a punt,if I can find it.

By the way Tony that Cornwell book was Heretic.I didn't get it from a charity shop,that was a Neil Gaiman book called Smoke and Mirrors.I actually picked it up from The Works believe it or not.
Ah right - Heretic is part three of the Grail Quest Trilogy set during the 100 Years War - you really do need to read Harliquin (The Archer's Tale in the US) and Vagabond first.

It's a great series and well worth reading.

Here's a list of all Bernard Cornwell's books. :)

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Terry and Bernard have calmed down somewhat in the last few years, but a while ago they were bringing out two or three books each a year and it was almost always around the same time. Thankfully both authors tend to be sold at a great discount in places like Tesco. :laugh:

windle poons

Lance-Constable
Sep 15, 2008
Hertford
Bringing this thread back on topic Product Description

Terry Pratchett's Discworld series is a publishing phenomenon, around the globe. Three dozen novels over the past 20-odd years have delighted millions of readers. Here, avid fan and fantasy author Watt-Evans offers 62 chapters describing the Discworld for fan and neophyte alike, with a chapter-by-chapter chronological account of how each novel has altered and added to the whole, a taxonomy of the various sub-series and extensive comments on ""How It All Works"" and ""What It All Means"".

Ive just finished it, quite a good read,even if some of the humour is a bit forced at times,and very obviously aimed at the US market with a fair amount of explaination of some of the more English aspects of the Discworld books.Its well worth having a look at especially if you are fairly new to Discworld and wanting to know which book to read next.I think this is amongst the best of the suprisingly small number of books of this type around
Bob

User Menu

Newsletter