Tomorrows signing at Hayling Island

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Sep 12, 2008
Hampshire
Err!

I haven't been to one before.
I didn't manage to get a ticket so will be queuing hopefully outside.
Will there be all night queue?
And about the limited edition. Can anybody tell me how different it is for £50? I don't want to sound mean but if it only has a number on it then I would prefer someone else got it than me.
Ta.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Hi there and welcome!

I think it's ticket only at Hayling Island.

Perhaps someone has better info than me, but the special editions are extremely limited - I think only something like 100 at the London signing and it seems like first come first served.

So I don't know if there's any point in queuing because if you don't have a ticket, you won't get in.

Sorry I can't be more helpful. :(

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
It does seem somewhat odd to me as well. I imagine that if, for example, a husband and wife went to the signing and both got a copy, then they'd have one surplus and selling it could refund the price they paid for both, but that seems unfair on those who queued up and missed out.

lawrenson

Lance-Constable
Jul 30, 2008
Hi,

well, I got a copy, and my husband got a copy.

But we aren't selling either of them. :laugh:

However, at Waterstones, by 09:10, there was NO queue.

And lots and lots of books left.

So it wasn't a case of queuing - it was a case of "getting up early and bothering to go!".

Cheers,
Karen

Jul 26, 2008
I dont have a problem with more than one being brought for each family, i hate it when i see one on ebay so someones just out to make a quick buck hense taking a chance to own one from a real collector, and yes i didnt get one, and no its not jealousy, well maybe just a tad little but its understandable isnt it, im going to scream now AARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Yes, I think that's my problem as well - sorry Karen I wasn't suggesting that you were going to sell your other copy on eBay - it's the people that Discworldaholic mentioned who are trying to make a fast buck out this.

lawrenson

Lance-Constable
Jul 30, 2008
Hi,

no problem :laugh:

On the other hand, for people who COULDN'T get to either shop, it was a bit rough.

In that case, those who sell them on Ebay let those people have a chance to buy something they couldn't otherwise obtain.

It was a particular shame as the Hayling Island shop definitely had copies left late on Saturday afternoon, but wouldnt do mail order.

I personally think the £200 Buy It Now prices currently on Ebay will seem very cheap in the future.

Cheers,
Karen

Jul 26, 2008
Planet Jendall
this might be heresy but the special edition has a lovely cover and a number inside but seems overpriced when the Thud Slipcover edition was only £35 and had a lot more work in it.

Jul 26, 2008
I suppose you could look at this way, its the same with good food the less on the plate the more you pay, so 1000 ltd copies to 275 ltd copies, irrespective on how good it is or looks, well you know what i mean :laugh:

Jul 26, 2008
rentawitch said:
this might be heresy but the special edition has a lovely cover and a number inside but seems overpriced when the Thud Slipcover edition was only £35 and had a lot more work in it.
But now we know theres a cheaper ltd ed comming out next month so thats good sort of lol well how many versions of the same book can you sell, either way i'll be buying it, as its one i aint got.....yet for the collection. I'll have to post a pic of my little collection on here one day, as im real proud of it.

User Menu

Newsletter