Truckers, Diggers and Wings

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Jul 21, 2009
UK
Hi. Can anyone tell me whether these books are available as a trilogy? Not as one big heavy book, but perhaps all three in a box or something? If so, any idea of the ISBN? Thanks.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Surfmonkey said:
Hi. Can anyone tell me whether these books are available as a trilogy? Not as one big heavy book, but perhaps all three in a box or something? If so, any idea of the ISBN? Thanks.
Hi Surfmonkey and welcome to the site. :laugh:

They are indeed available seperately - the series was wriiten seperately betwen 1988 and 1990.

Look here on Amazon to see Truckers with links to the other two books just below. :)

Jul 21, 2009
UK
Thanks for your reply. What I was really looking for was to see if they were available as a set. I've read them for myself and my daughter's birthday is coming up, and i'd like to get her a set for her own. As I said, I don't want to get one big, heavy book. If a set is available, great. If not I'll by them seperately. Thanks for the help. d:eek:)

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
As far as I'm aware they don't come in a boxed set or anything - but they would look pretty good as three seperate books. What a great gift and a really good way of getting your daughter into Pratchett. You might have to explain what Concorde was though. :laugh:

Jul 26, 2008
your right Tony no box set but the childrens editions look great, but if u are after box sets the Johnny maxwell trilogy came out in a box set and i believe still available from waterstones.

Fourecksian

Lance-Constable
Sep 21, 2010
Parramatta, Australia
I just bought The Bromeliad after watching the Truckers stop-motion animation series for the first time in it's entirety from since when I was a kid. Can't wait to delve into it all and drench my brain with what happens to the Gnomes. If I may digress, the fact that only truckers was made bums me out completely. I was transfixed and watched from start to finish without a break (okay, it was a large cup of Sprite). Stop-motion animation from the UK around that time was so decadently exquisite and something young and old could just get lost in. So much CGI be damned I can still lose myself in the intricate textures of the fine toothed details that exist within stuff that came out of studios like Cosgrove Hall and tell myself, "That looks real"

I hear Truckers might be remade into a movie..or The Bromeliad condensed into one feature or such? Is this true?

octarinefire

Lance-Constable
Feb 25, 2013
I have them in the hardback trilogy and have since bought them for my Kindle. I love them and think they are a great little series of books.

User Menu

Newsletter