Truly terrible news...they're making a new Buffy film...

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Apr 29, 2009
London
Joss Whedon has admitted that he has "mixed emotions" about Warner Bros' planned big screen remake of Buffy The Vampire Slayer.

Whedon penned the script for the 1992 Kristy Swanson movie before creating the 1997 TV series, which starred Sarah Michelle Gellar as the titular vampire killer.

"This is a sad, sad reflection on our times, when people must feed off the carcasses of beloved stories from their youths - just because they can’t think of an original idea of their own, like I did with my Avengers idea that I made up myself," he joked to E! Online.

Whedon explained that he had "always hoped that Buffy would live on even after my death. But, you know, AFTER".

"I don't love the idea of my creation in other hands, but I'm also well aware that many more hands than mine went into making that show what it was," he continued. "And there is no legal grounds for doing anything other than sighing audibly. I can't wish people who are passionate about my little myth ill."

Yes Man actress Whit Anderson will write the new Buffy movie with Charles Roven (Batman Begins) producing.

Joss Whedon - the epitomy of diplomacy!! :laugh:

It's the 2 executive producers Kaz Kuzui and Fran Kuzui that are jumping on the vampire bandwagon.

They did the original movie with Kirsty Swanson, which Joss wrote, and which they hacked into something unrecognisable from his script.

When he came to do the series, they held onto the rights as exec producers, though they had no input into the show.

Quite frankly, they need shooting.

pip

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 3, 2010
KILDARE
Pooh knows nuffin.

Joss is great and thats that.

Sorry bouncy , i have them packed on my desk but i've yet to got to the post office . I will return the fantastically amazing ingenius DVDs to you today. :laugh:

Shame on Pooh.

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
So long as Luke Perry's not in the 'reboot' it just may stand a chance... :twisted:

Hey - maybe they could get Keifer Sutherland to do his old man's Watcher role :laugh:

Seriously if they're not using the TV series format this has to be utterly doomed. The original Buffy was only good because it was so bloody awful and I'm positive that it only managed to achieved cult status (pre-TV series) because somehow they managed to keep the audience sitting in the cinemas long enough to get to where the piss-taking relaxes into place. I saw it on a rental VHS video for a 'horribly funny' silly-chili night with friends and we had a half hour reject zone where we could bale if it was unwatchable and the original Buffy went right up to the wire. I think it may even have gone past it, but someone who shall not be named ('cos I can't remember who it was :rolleyes: ) fancied Kirsty Swanson... :laugh:

Jan Van Quirm said:
So long as Luke Perry's not in the 'reboot' it just may stand a chance... :twisted:

Hey - maybe they could get Keifer Sutherland to do his old man's Watcher role :laugh:

Seriously if they're not using the TV series format this has to be utterly doomed. The original Buffy was only good because it was so bloody awful and I'm positive that it only managed to achieved cult status (pre-TV series) because somehow they managed to keep the audience sitting in the cinemas long enough to get to where the piss-taking relaxes into place. I saw it on a rental VHS video for a 'horribly funny' silly-chili night with friends and we had a half hour reject zone where we could bale if it was unwatchable and the original Buffy went right up to the wire. I think it may even have gone past it, but someone who shall not be named ('cos I can't remember who it was :rolleyes: ) fancied Kirsty Swanson... :laugh:
+ it did have early Hilary Swank, 2 years before her Karate Kid :)

User Menu

Newsletter