Unseen giveaways

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Jul 26, 2008
Well it sounds like the promotional stuff is going to be varied for this book launch. anyone know of any other promotional stuff forthis book please add below so we all know.
1. Waterstones - football cards not 100% sure of this though.
2. WHSmiths - Special paperback edition of Wit and Wisdom for all preorders of Unseen Achademicals
3. Borders ? will they wont they, they normally do and its normally something different to waterstones will have to find out.

Jul 25, 2008
Newport
The_Discworldaholic said:
Well it sounds like the promotional stuff is going to be varied for this book launch. anyone know of any other promotional stuff forthis book please add below so we all know.
1. Waterstones - football cards not 100% sure of this though.
Having been to a certain shop in a certain town, a certain someone has showed me a certain bunch of certain things which could been seen as certainty.... ;)

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
:love:. Borders ? will they wont they, they normally do and its normally something different to waterstones will have to find out.>

Went into Borders today uptown and asked after checking a copy if they had and inserts or supplements with their copies sadly no they have bugger all buggerit.

CJDobs

Constable
Sep 10, 2009
This is one of those 'reply when the horse has bolted' posts but Tesco's did the best promotion I think . . It was about £7 cheaper than anywhere else :laugh:

I know theres' some harumph about buying books and cd's from Tesco's (really dont know why) but 'purists' are always shouting at me for it.

But what they seem to forget is:

- Tesco's are a lot cheaper in store than anywhere else most of the time
- They are open 24/7, so when on a late night ramble through (as I often do) I am likely to part with money when I see these things on sale.

. . . Still, not sure why I'm :devil: for doing this but my friends do an awful lot of tut tutting. :rolleyes:

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
CJDobs said:
This is one of those 'reply when the horse has bolted' posts but Tesco's did the best promotion I think . . It was about £7 cheaper than anywhere else :laugh:

I know theres' some harumph about buying books and cd's from Tesco's (really dont know why) but 'purists' are always shouting at me for it.

But what they seem to forget is:

- Tesco's are a lot cheaper in store than anywhere else most of the time
- They are open 24/7, so when on a late night ramble through (as I often do) I am likely to part with money when I see these things on sale.

. . . Still, not sure why I'm :devil: for doing this but my friends do an awful lot of tut tutting. :rolleyes:
I've got to agree! I'm not prepared to wait until the paperback comes out and I simply can't afford the full published price. I always get mine from Tesco as well.

And they've got a habit of putting the books out for sale before the publish date. ;) (the reason I'm now writing this from Arizona).

Tonyblack said:
[I've got to agree! I'm not prepared to wait until the paperback comes out and I simply can't afford the full published price. I always get mine from Tesco as well.

And they've got a habit of putting the books out for sale before the publish date. ;) (the reason I'm now writing this from Arizona).
UA on http://www.half.com used (well, pretty damn new) for $12.00 US.

User Menu

Newsletter